Saturday, November 14, 2009

Always Believe

Hello everyone! Well my co worker loved the retirement card I made which made me feel good. It feels strange to not him there though after so many years.

Yesterday I took a blogging break and didn't post a card, but I'm not going to let you down today! I have a card I really like that uses a darling image from Squigglefly that Cheryl Alger drew called Almost A Prince


(click to enlarge)

I just think this is the sweetest image! It's like she's hiding the wand behind her back so she can whip it out and catch the frog by surprise.

It's colored with copic markers and the border punch at the bottom is one of the new deep reaching punches from Martha Stewart. I used a few pearls and some tiny flowers that matched the color in my designer paper. The sentiment is computer generated.

I'm heading off to a stamp camp this afternoon which should be fun. We'll be making Christmas cards. I'll be sure to share them with you too!

Lots of things I want to remind you of: first off is to be sure to check out the daily nab it at Squigglefly. They have had some really super images up for next to nothing this past week!
Next don't forget to get in on Stef's color challenge at the Squigglefly group on card universe. Her colors this week at yellow, blue, and brown and you have until Friday to get your card entered.
And last, but not least be sure to stop by Vicki's Saturday Spotlight challenge and see what she's got going on. I never had a chance to get a card made for last week's challenge!

I think the time change has me messed up and I feel like I don't have time anymore! I'm still adjusting. Anyone else having issues with that?

Well, have a great Saturday and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Cheryl said...

this is gorgoues hun what a lovely stamp too love cheryl xxx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a fabulous card! i don't remember seeing that image????? where was i?????

have a great time at stamp camp.

as for no time..... you're just busy right now. it WILL slow down.

hugs,

Jeanette said...

Very cute card Holly.
Great pick of colors.

Jeanette

msfreida said...

Isn't this the CUTEST image??? I think we all have been there at one time...I know I kissed a few croakers!
I LOVE how you colored it and your highlighting/shading continues to amaze me! ;) I can never stay with just one light source! UGHHH! This DP and your new punch ROCKS! LOVE IT!!!
I am the same way with the time thing! My ole body is crying out too! I think I may need new batteries! :(

Hugs~

Kristie said...

Great image! Love that border punch.

I feel the same way about the time change. I haven't gotten much done in weeks, hoping to change that this weekend!

Have fun at stamp camp!

Pam in Ar. said...

Issues...with the time change?? ME????? Ya mean like thinking it's time for bed when it's only 6:00?? Oh yah..I have issues LOL

Love the image you used today, the border is one I think I'm going to need to get..LOVE IT! Have a blast at stamp camp..I miss my card club :(

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

What a darling image and a beautiful card!

bumblebee creations said...

ahhhhaa! is that what my problem is this week????!!
Love your card that image is so cute and of course you have colored it up so professionally!!!

Heather the Mooselover said...

What a cute image- you did a great job coloring it. I agree- she is hiding the wand to surprise the frog. I love the border punch you used- the whole card fits together so well.

The time change has given me a jolt too. Just in the past few days I have rediscovered my productivity.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! What a precious image!! I LURVES her!! Your coloring is fabulous hun and I love the tall shape of it too!! :)

If you are checking out SSHP07, please be sure to visit Jessica's blog because she made several cards using a digi set that was given to us by the sponsor to use...so I know with your expertise on digis, you'd do something awesome!! :) Hope to see your creation sometime this week!! Enjoy the weekend!! HUGS

Kim said...

Beautiful card Holly!

Maria Matter said...

this is just darling Holly! You have colored her perfectly, and what a great border punch!
Blessings, Maria

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

This IS cute and I'm glad your co-worker liked the card. I hope yhe has a very happy retirement. My parents are both retired and lovin' it. :)

Anonymous said...

About the time change - I am out of whack the entire time until the time falls back in fall. I am not a morning person, therefore, I arise later in the mornings and lose a greater part of each day. I am back in my normal routine again when the time changes back.....wish there was NO time change at all!!

Christy Dillman said...

This image is adorable and you have colored it beautifully, another wonderful card Holly!

Hugs,
Christy

Debby said...

She's a cutie. Love that border along the edge. the yellow border. pretty. i never say bottom cause i don't know have the time if it's bottem or bottom.