Friday, November 27, 2009

Crowing About Your Birthday

Hi everyone! I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving yesterday. Ours was very nice. The weather was beautiful and looks to be just as pretty today. Do you plan on getting out and taking advantage of the black Friday sales? I am going to get out a little, but I'm staying away from the busiest stores.

Yesterday I did take a little time in my stamping room to make a birthday card with one of Squigglefly's new images from Susan Spiller


(click to enlarge)

Isn't this little bird a cutie? It's appropriately called Cutie Crow! I printed it out and then randomly stamped a tiny flower background all over his body. Then I used a grey colored pencil to color around the edges of the bird and blended a bit with some odorless mineral spirits. The spirits kind of smeared the ink of the flowers, but I kind of liked the light pink look it gave the bird so I left it. I colored his beak and legs with copic markers.

After cutting him out I glued on some little googly eyes and then pop dotted him on the card. The cool lacey looking stuff behind the bird is from my friend Freida. I wrapped a little bit of gold thread over it, and both pieces are wrapped around an embossed piece of card stock.

the sentiment is one of the dollar stamps from Michaels, and I oval punched it and added some little orange rain dots. Overall I think it's a pretty cute card!

I hope ya'll have a wonderful day today, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello Holly. What a fab card. I am loving all the textures, its fantastic. Enjoy your weekend.
Love Sandra xx

Jane said...

Adorable card! love it!!

Shawna said...

Cutie crow and cutie card! Love it Holly!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i just love it. i would have left the pink smears too! it looks like you chalked it!

glad you had a super holiday!

hugs,

Jeanette said...

So cute. I love the netty ribbon that you used.

Jeanette

Nora said...

It's darling! The color combo, the stamping on the bird, LOVE the net-y looking ribbon...great card!
-hugs-

Kim said...

This is so darn cute!

joanne said...

Holly, this bird is too 'darn' CUTE! Your card made me laugh and it is 3:00 a.m. my time!!! So I am going to bed 'thrilled' after seeing this card.

Maria Matter said...

I thought you had paper pieced this little cutie! Great job Holly, it's adorable!!!

Love your flowered background too, could you tell me what company makes it???

Have a wonderful weekend!
blessings, Maria

Becky said...

If this is not the most cutest bird I have ever seen :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, Emma and Grandma are looking at your card and we really like it. Emma wants me to tell you we love the duck. Emma is 4 years old and my biggest fan.

msfreida said...

Now THIS is something to "CROW" about! HOW ADORABLE! I love the pink effect! The DP is FABULOUS and what a perfect match!

Hugs~

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awww....how cute is this little birdie? :) you did a great job on this!! I love the paper on him.

Rachel said...

How precious is this!!! this card made me smile when i saw it. very very cute!
hugs,
Rachel