Friday, November 6, 2009

Gobbling Up Gatefolds

Hi everyone! Yesterday a lot of us in blog land were shaken by the very tragic news that Sarah Anderson's three year old son Henry died after being ill. Sarah, better known to a lot of us as Scrampin Mama is such a dear, sweet woman and my heart just breaks for her and her family. Sarah has been a design team member for Pink Cat Studio and Melissa has drawn a special digital image to help raise funds for a tree to be planted in memory of Henry at the zoo he loved to visit during the summer. You can go HERE to read about how you can help.

Are you as glad it's Friday as I am? I just have not had hardly any time in my craft room this week and I'm feeling deprived!

Niki if you're reading this post, you are the winner of the card give away I had on Wednesday. If you'll e mail me at usyungs@gmail.com and give me your address I'll get it right out to you!

I did manage just enough time last night to make this cute Thanksgiving card using one of the new Squigglefly images Robin Willis drew. This card uses a cute little turkey in a circle sentiment called Gobble Gobble Gobble


(click to enlarge)

It didn't take much time to color, and I added some stickles to the feathers. I did another gatefold only a little smaller, and used some of the wonderful Debbie Mumm paper from the pad Rhonda sent me (thanks again Rhonda!). There are some beautiful glitter papers in the pad, but with the glitter on the turkey I didn't want to use too much glitter in the background.

It was fun to do and really quick! I love all of the circle sentiments Robin has drawn!

Lynne read all of the get well wishes you left in my comments and she asked me to pass on to you how touched she is by your concern and prayers. Ya'll are just the best!

I hope you enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hi Holly. I adore this lovely cute card, fabulous.
Love Sandra xx

msfreida said...

It breaks my heart to hear about lil Henry. I cannot imagine such a loss. The Anderson family will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the link for the fundraiser...what a thoughtful way to honor this precious child.

Holly, you are ROCKIN' with these gatefolds, girl! This one is SOOO FABULOUS with this adorable image and this beautiful DP! And ohhh that ribbon! :) This is one FANTASTIC card! ;)

Gonna fire up the cutter today...get ready!!! ;)

Hugs~

Jeanette said...

You are the queen of gatefolds.

Jeanette

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

HI Holly!! SOOO Gorgeous lady!! I love that sweet turkey with the glittery feathers and this is a fabby gatefold!! :) HUGS

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is stunning. i love the glitter on his feathers.

hey lynn! glad you're feeling better. still prayin' for ya!

hugs,

Rachel said...

Holly your card is GORGEOUS!!! That turkey is adorable and you colored him perfectly!!!
hugs,
Rachel

bumblebee creations said...

What a super fun, gorgeous, card!! And if you say it is fast to make even better lately! How sad is your first part of your post!!!! I will go check out the post about helping with the tree! TFS this info! If Lynne is up and reading she must be doing better--Hi Lynne! Get better soon!!!

Vicki said...

lovely card Holly...I think I have the paper you used on your card! Love how you used it...very pretty. I am glad Lynne is doing better Holly...and I am so sad for little Henry's family, my prayers to them. Have a good day Holly.

HUGS,
Vicki

Dawn B. said...

My heart breaks for this family. I cannot even imagine. This card is beautiful Holly. I love the glitter on the tail feathers.. GREAT paper.. So pretty. Super job.

Heather the Mooselover said...

How very tragic about Little Henry. My heart goes out to his family.

That turkey image was my favorite of the new circular greetings. I love how you added some glitz to it.

Inger said...

What a cute and gorgeous card!!
Beautiful colours.
Have a lovely weekend.

Inger :o)

Maria Matter said...

this is gorgeous Holly, love those sparkles!!!
Blessings, Maria

Debby said...

Sarah is a good friend and my heart aches so much I cannot begin to tell you. I was glad it was Friday now I'm glad it is over. Rough day yesterday. Your turkey gobble gobble from Robin, I can tell, know Robin well. Is lovely. Now the gatefold was challenging for me and really hacked me off for a time. You seem to have it mastered. I must try again obe wan kanobe.

Pam in Ar. said...

I was sorry to hear about Henry. I don't follow his mom's blog, but my heart goes out to the family...I just can't (don't want to either) imagine her pain.

About the card, I love the sparkles in it as well as the Fall colors...Thanksgiving will be here before we know it!