Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ho Ho Ho!

Hi everyone! You will be glad to know that Lynne was released from the hospital yesterday! She isn't fully recovered yet by any means, but I think she is really happy to be back in her own home. Again, thank you everyone for your prayers and good wishes!

If you haven't had a chance to comment on yesterday's card and you'd like a chance to win it, go leave a comment and at noon today random.org is picking a winner.

Today I have a card that uses two of the new images Crissy Armstrong has drawn; Baby Elephant and Santa Hat Accessory.


(click to enlarge)

Isn't this little baby elephant just darling? I love that you can add the santa hat and make it a Christmas card! Maybe Crissy will do a birthday party hat too!

I colored this with copic markers and then chalked a little yellow around it. The hat has some of the snow tex added to it. I had to use a black pen to re-draw the lines because the snow tex went out of the lines a bit. Anyway, my lines are a little darker and thicker than the printed image that I don't like.

the designer paper is from a Brenda Walton pad of Christmas designs. I used a new Martha Stewart snowflake punch and added a rhinestone to the center. I had a 50% off coupon for Michaels and the snowflake punch jumped in my cart! They have really stocked up some new products at Michaels, and Martha Stewart's line has a bunch of really cool new punches. I also got a deep edge border punch, but haven't used it yet. I can see how it would be awesome for scrapbook pages.

Busy day for me today. It's payroll day for one thing, and then there's all the usual stuff that comes with day to day living! I hope you have a great day with a little time to do something for yourself! I'll be back later to announce the winner of yesterday's card! Thanks for looking!

21 comments:

msfreida said...

I'm sooo happy to hear that Lynne is doing so well! I will continue to pray for her full recovery. Bless her heart!

What a CUTIE! I adore this elephant, and the Santa hat fits him perfectly! You know how I LOVE hats! Are ya listening, Crissy??? ;) Your coloring is FABULOUS, as always...LOVE the shadowing and highlights! The DP you used is perfect and check out that ribbon...AWESOME!

Hugs~

Crissy Armstrong said...

Hi Holly; Glad to hear your sister is recovering well.
Your card is awesome! I was hoping someone would put the Santa hat on the elephant! The DP is really sweet too and goes so well with the image.
I hear the hints for more hats! I'll see what I can do!
Hugs!

Dawn B. said...

I too will put your sister on my prayer list.. I am glad to hear she is doing better. This is adorable. It is so sweet. What a fun image. Thank you so much for all your help.. I really appreciate it. Good luck with work...yuck.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i'm sooooooooo glad to hear lynn is home. please tell her she's still in my prayers!

what an adorable card. only you would think of using that hat on that cute elephant! it's fabulous (as always).

have a super day.

hugs,

Pam in Ar. said...

Such wonderful news that Lynne is home already....She is so lucky to have you as I'm sure you feel you're lucky to have her too =)

I'm going to get to see my sister this weekend too in Texas, can't wait for tomorrow!!

Love the cute little elephant. I really like the puffy paint on the hat..just makes it pop.

I still have the Fall card you sent me sitting on my counter and a friend came by yesterday and saw it...she just loved it, and I do too =) Thanks again Holly!!

Vicki said...

Holly this card is so sweet! I think I have that same paper pack. Don't you just love how stuff jumps in your cart when you are in those stores??? I can't wait to see what you do with your other new things. Have a good day Holly.

HUGS,
Vicki

Shawna said...

Awwww! SO CUTE!

Shawna said...

Awwww! SO CUTE!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

I'm so glad for you and your family that your sister is doing well enough to come home. I will keep her in my prayers that she makes a full recovery and is as good as new quickly.
As usual, your cards are just wonderful.

Elaine Allen

Jeanette said...

Welcome home Lynne. Get well soon.

This card is just so sweet. That little guy looks pretty cool in his Santa hat.

Jeanette

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

Glad to know your sister's better.

Your card is sooo cute!

Rachel said...

Oh how precious your card is!!! I LOVE that cute elephant and in a santa hat~ even better!! absolutely precious Holly!!
hugs,
Rachel

Rose Petal said...

Hi again. Another fab card. Love the papers and the image is just so cute. Love it.
Love Sandra xx

treesawardincrafts said...

Yay for Lynne! I love the combination of digis. That hat is going to be so popular in the coming months.

bumblebee creations said...

Holly!! This is so darn cute!!! I love this image! Your coloring is so super--I guess practice will make perfect someday for me. I love that you added the Christmas hat, I wouldn't even have thought of it!

Diane said...

I am so glad everything is better for you.....I love your baby "ellie"...so very cute and sweet!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

HI Holly!! Glad to hear things are getting better hun!! LOVE the image on this card! That fur trimming really sets it off too!! HUGS

Linda L said...

Holly this is darling! I love the baby elephant. I love the hat!
I am so happy your sister is better.

Cheryl said...

oh this is so cute love the little elepahnt beautiful papers too so glad your sister is feeling better love cheryl xx

Maria Matter said...

pink & elephants always go good together! this is adorable!!!

Blessings, Maria

Mimiko said...

This so beautiful and that elephant is so cute :)
I was just browsing aroundSquigglefly.com looking for some new digistamps when I came across that "SguiggleFly {print happy}" -blinkie and... Well, I don't know what I should so here I am...