Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hoppy Holidays

Hi everyone! I had a good time at the stamp camp yesterday but I don't have the cards ready to show you yet. Some of them I want to add a few embellishments to first. I do have a really cute snowman card for you though!


(click to enlarge)

Meet Pogo Sammy! Isn't he adorable? I just love all of the snowmen that Cheryl Alger has drawn. You just can't help smiling when you see them.

This was colored in copic markers and chalked around the bakcground. I added a little bit of stickles to the edge of him, but not his whole body. The designer paper is from K and Company and is embossed with the snowflake embossing folder. I added a little pink jewel to the center of the snowflake. I am loving these pastel colors for Christmas.

This week you'll start seeing peeks of some of the images that are going to be released at Squigglefly on Saturday. I'm excited for ya'll to get to see! Also, the current design team's term is coming to an end soon so there is a design team call out at Squigglefly for the new term which will be from January to June. If you're interested in playing with some Squigglefly images you should check out the details on their blog.

Today is grocery shopping day so I'm off to plan a menu and make my list! Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Wezz said...

wonderful card, Holly! Maybe I should try for some different holiday colors this upcoming season too... hmm...

Hugs,
Wezz

Rose Petal said...

Hello Holly. What a beautiful card, great image too.
It looks very delicate in those colours.
Love Sandra xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i just love the pastels for xmas and you certainly make them pop! this is fabulous!

i loved the pogo stick as a young girl. between that and jump rope and my bicycle, i had tons of fun entertaining myself. oh and ice skating, i was a great ice skater too. now? i've definitely aced the art of sitting on my a** in front of a 19" screen and having more fun than i can remember!

hugs,

Pam in Ar. said...

Love the cuddlebug background and the glitter you used...I think I need one of those snowflake punches too...colors are great!!
CutE! CuTE!! CUTE!!!!!

bumblebee creations said...

oh my I love this little pogo guy! loving the soft colors too!!!! you never cease to amaze me!

Vicki said...

Cute Holly...like the idea of only stickling the outer edges of Sammy's body...also love the embossing...you know me and my embossing! Have a great day...kind of cloudy/windy here today.

HUGS,
Vicki

msfreida said...

This is such a GREAT idea, Holly...reminds me of bubblegum! I LOVE THESE COLORS! WOW...what a FABULOUS job you did with the chalks, not to mention the copics! Your extra touches to the embossing looks FABULOUS! Cheryl has done an AMAZING job with all of these precious images!

Hugs~

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Ha HA!! what a great card!! I love it!! the colors are wonderful and I like how you cut out the tips of his shoes to stick out. Very nice touch! Happy sunday to you holly. :)

Rachel said...

Oh how cute Holly!! OMGoodness such a cute image and sentiment. sooo perfect. you did a wonderful job with this snowman. gorgeous card.
hugs,
Rachel

Kristie said...

What a cute card!! Love the pink :)

My day sounds exciting as yours lol...menu is done, now to look at all the ads!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWW!! Now how sweet is this!!! I just ADORE this happy little snowman in pink!!! :) HUGS

Jeanette said...

Wonderful. These little guys are so darn cute. I love what you did with this one.

Jeanette

Jane said...

ADORABLE!! love it!

Maria Matter said...

Delightful!!!!

love Cheryl's snowmen too!!!
Blessings!

Debra said...

Holly, I love the colors on this card. I am still new and trying to think "out side the box" as far as traditional colors. I am paying particular attention to how you shade the white space around your images, something I am still working on! Thanks, great job!

Christy Dillman said...

Wow Holly, you are a busy lady! I absolutely love this card-the colors, the embossing, and supre cute image you colored!
You hit another one out of park!!!

Hugs,
Christy

Debby said...

i just love the snowmen and this one is having way too much fun! I haven't been crafting for a long time it feels. hubby lost my camera too so pooie on that. I love that snowflake embossing folder. I think i have it somewhere. must go find it.

Heather the Mooselover said...

Love it! What a fun and carefree image!