Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's Over

Hi everyone and happy Wednesday to you! Another quick post from me today, but that's okay because I'm sure you'd much rather me just get on with showing you my card rather than listen to me babble!

Tomorrow is a co-worker's last day. He's retiring and it's going to be so strange to come to work every day and not see him there! I've worked with him ever since I started working at the company in 1979! Anyway, he has seen almost all of the cards I have made over the years and I couldn't let the man retire without making him one!

He is an avid fisherman and hunter so of course I thought of going that route with it, but that isn't me. I like to do something just a little off beat and funny so here's the card


(click to enlarge)

I used an opera singer lady from Squigglefly called It's Not Over Till by artist Brenda Cumming. It's colored with copic markers and colored pencils. I highlighted with gesso which is my new favorite thing to do now! I added stickles to the earrings and the jewels at the top of her dress.

The words were computer generated and the inside says "Enjoy your retirement". I think he will get a kick out of it and I hope you did too!

Oh I have to tell you one more thing! Squigglefly's current design team will be ending their term at the end of this month. December is such a busy month that there will be no challenges that month, but during that time off they will be looking for people who love Squigglefly images and would like to be on the new design team which will start on January 1st and end at the end of June. So, if you'd like to be on Squigglefly's design team, just go read the details here!

Wishing you a wonderful day and thanks for looking!

21 comments:

Craftyanny said...

Fantastic card Holly
Anne x

Craftyanny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
msfreida said...

OHHH she looks fabulous in red! :) This is such an AWESOME card, Holly! I know he will LOVE it! LOVE the DP you chose, and your coloring is magnificent!

Hugs~

Vicki said...

Holly this card is absolutely sweet! And I am sure your coworker will get a charge out of it. You are so talented and have an awesome imagination! Love your coloring and layout of your card...and I love to hear you babble!!! Babble on dear friend!!
Hope you have a good day!

HUGS,
Vicki

Maria Matter said...

oh, this is fantastic...love it!!!

Long ago, at our wedding rehearsal dinner one of the guys in our wedding party gave a toast and said, "Remember, it's not over 'til the fat lady sings!" And we had a rather large lady singer for our wedding. lol He of course, didn't mean anything by it, but the room did get awfully quiet for a moment! eek!

Have a super day Holly!
blessings, Maria

Nora said...

Well, if he's known you since 1979, then he already appreciates that WARPED sense of humor that we've all come to adore! *LOL* I love this card & it's perfect for anyone's retirement!
-hugs-

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

would not expect anything else but smiles and a chuckle from your cards! he's gonna love it. i see the tears in his eyes already.

hugs,

Pam in Ar. said...

HAHAHAHA Holly...you DO make me laugh!! This card is so you and if you've worked with the man for 30 years, he will know your "off beat" ways and LOVE IT!!!! LOL...this is a keeper!

BTW...hope you can find someone to replace him that can appreciate you too ;)

bumblebee creations said...

oh Holly--she is perfect! What a brilliant card! And perfect sentiment too!

Jeanette said...

He'll love this card. It's perfect!

And, Darn, darn, darn about the DT change...oh well I know where to come to play.

Jeanette

Shawna said...

That card is too funny! Your coworker should love it!

Biscuitlid said...

hilarious - love it - so off beat

Victoria
x

treesawardincrafts said...

Aw, that brought a tear to my eye, when I read about your colleague and then the sentiment. You really know how to tell 'em Holly. He's going to love it, and I bet it will stay on display in his house for at least a month!

Dawn B. said...

Awww this is perfect.. he will love it.. What a great way to send him off.. I am sure he will miss you tooo...

Chris (catt871) said...

This is AWESOME Holly!!!! What a perfect retirement card!!!! I bet he will love it!!!!

Kristie said...

What a fun stamp! Great idea for a retirement card!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

LOL! how cute!! I bet he's gonna LOVE this!!!

berg4 said...

Great card - can't wait to hear what he thought of it!

Heather the Mooselover said...

I LOVE that image and what you did with it. I love, love, love it! Great idea for a retirement card.

Isn't it a bit weird when a co-worker leaves? Like someone is missing?

And because I have been a bad blogging friend- just saw you are going to be a Saturday Diva guest. Congrats! Well deserved honor!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

BWWHAA!! She always makes me LOL every time I see her!! I love it!! What a clever idea for a retirement card!! And of course we know he'll think it's awesome!! Your coloring is sooo awesome girl!!

Debby said...

OMG she is the best! I love her!