Monday, November 30, 2009

Last Challenge

Hi everyone and happy Monday! I enjoyed my days off work, but the four days off just didn't seem like they lasted any time! I didn't get a lot of crafting time in, but enjoyed the things I did. I hope you all had an enjoyable holiday weekend as well!

Squigglefly knows how busy everyone is right now getting ready for Christmas, so they have decided to have no challenges during the month of December. This will give the current design team a break. So, today is the last Squigglefly challenge of the year!

It's a fun one this week! Rhonda has challenged everyone to make a Christmas card using a squigglefly image and you should have a candy cane embellishment somewhere on your project. The candy cane can me any thing you want; a button, a piece cut out from some designer paper, etc. I do hope you try to play along. If you do, upload your creation to the blog and tag your work SFC30.

I used one of Susan Spillers images that will be part of the December 5th release at Squigglefly. This one is called Gingerbread Cutie.


(click to enlarge)

I colored with copic markers and highlighted with some gesso. I'm not real happy with my highlighting on this one. I used some puffy markers on the icing parts of the gingerbread girl. Here's a close up




I made the scallops from scalloped squares using the corners. I saw a card Mel at Melstampz where she did that and I liked the idea! In the middle scallop I glued little bitty red sequin circles. Freida sent me a package of lots of fun stuff recently and these little sequin circles in all colors were in there!

The designer paper is from Debbie Mumm holiday pack and the little candy cane is from Making Memories. I printed the sentiment out on my computer and popped it up with some pop dots.

Hope you have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello Holly. Love the card, so bright and cheerful. Like the image also which really does stand out great.
Have a good day.
Love Sandra xx

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Holly! Such a cute image! xx

bumblebee creations said...

Love the card you have made for the challenge Holly!!! Thank You! I can't wait to see more sneek peeks!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

in my opinion.... you're a PRO! another awesome card!

hugs,

msfreida said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas here! This is such a fun image, and I love what you did with it! The icing looks so real, and the scallops add the perfect designer touch! FABULOUS card, Holly!

I'm hoping to play around with this last challenge...AWESOME challenge, BTW!

5 MORE DAYS!!! YEAAAA :)

Patricia St Martin said...

I think you did a wonderful job coloring your gingerbread girl, in large areas it is hard making the colors just right. love the highlights on the white, green & red. I think it is a fun card to do. I really think it is very creative. TFS
thanks for letting me know about the video stuff. I want to go down and pick up that computor software to be able to merge images. I tried to do it on my computor on the winter scene but I had to draw in some stuff. Can you let me know the name of the program you got. My email is stampqueen00@hotmail.com

Vicki said...

Holly that image is so cute! And you did a great job with your card! I like the scallops...way cute. I hear you about the time off...I was not ready to go back to work today but I did!

HUGS,
Vicki

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

HI Holly!! WOW!! That Gingerbread is sooo adorable!! Just love the expression on her face!! ;) All of the cards were so fun to look at!! HUGS

Becky said...

This is adorable, love all the details.

jacque4u2c said...

What a great job!!!! My days went way to fast too! I just wanted to throw that alarm clock across the room this morning! UGH!!!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awww...she is so SWEET! btw! I wanted to thankyou for the video you made on the homemade snow!! It's aweseome!! I was thinking about purchasing some flower soft white b/c I needed the "Snow" but, then I came across your video by some coincidence on you tube. I said HEY! that's HOLLY!! LOL and wow! I'm so glad!! I went to the dollar tree today and found the same exact styrofoam balls. So, I bought 3 bags (one for my mom) so she can make some too. That was so nice of you to share! Thanks so much!! I hope you had a great thanksgiving. :)

Emma said...

Hi Holly
So lovely to hear you enjoyed your time off but where dies it go??
I love your card, the images is so cute and love the LO.
Hugs Emma x

Jeanette said...

BooHoo....our DT time is almost over.
But, your card sure cheered me up.
I like the scallop corners too.

Jeanette

Rachel said...

Oh now she's just adorable!!! great card.
hugs,
Rachel

Heather the Mooselover said...

What a cute card! Love the new image.

December is such a hectic month I think it is great for the DT to have the month off.

I am going to print my new Squigglefly images as soon as I get my printer hooked up.

Kristie said...

Very cute!!