Monday, November 16, 2009

New Challenge, New Sketch, New Image!

Hi everyone! I hope you had a fantastic weekend and that you're ready for the week ahead. I enjoyed some play time yesterday in my craft room so it was a good day!

I made this card for the Papercraft Planet Sketch challenge and I used the colors blue, yellow,and brown so it qualifies for Stef's color challenge as well.


(click to enlarge)

Isn't this little duckling just the cutest thing? He is one of the images that will be released this Saturday at Squigglefly. It's drawn by Eline Pelinkhoff and I think it's perfect for a baby card! The image is called Plopping Down.

I colored it with copic markers and colored pencils and then I chalked around the background a bit with some blue. The sentiment is from Stampin Up, and I used one of the little embossing folders from Provocraft for the embossing in the corner.

I think it turned out really sweet! Now I just need to wait for someone I know to have a baby! Speaking of babies, my furry one is wondering why I'm not standing at the door, leash in hand so I'm gonna scoot! Have a great day and thanks for looking!

19 comments:

msfreida said...

OHHH what a cutie! :) This is PERFECT for a baby's card! Such an ADORABLE image and your coloring is TOPS, especially those highlights! :) The embossed corner gives the perfect touch! FABULOUS job on these challenges...I better get busy with mine!

Hugs~

Maria Matter said...

Absolutely adorable!!!!
And isn't plopping down the perfect name! lol

Love how you used these colors Holly, a very sweet baby card!

Have a great day!
Blessings, Maria

Vicki said...

Holly, so cute!Your colors are so soft and love the embossing too! I like how you highlighted in white too. I really love the name of the stamp...plopping down!! Off to another week! Have a good day Holly.

HUGS,
Vicki

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

well holy moly. it seems this card has been all over the place - LOL and it still has it's original beauty!

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Holly, although I've seen this on SNR...wanted to tell you again how sweet it is!! That image is adorable and the coloring is perfect!! :) I love that embossed corner panel!! TFS! HUGS

Rachel said...

Oh how adorable!!! I would love to use this image for a baby card that i need to get done. you did a wonderful job Holly!!
hugs,
Rachel

Pam in Ar. said...

What a cute little duckie..love the bandana....the embossing in the corner gives it that touch of class too...Great job....

Enjoy your cooooool Monday =)

Dee in Oklahoma said...

This is precious...wonderful job on coloring. I love Eline's graphics...so happy to be able have it in line art from SquiggleFly.

treesawardincrafts said...

Brilliant colours for a baby card as well as the image, just in case you don't know if it is a boy or girl. I love it.

Biscuitlid said...

what a quackingly good card (sorry), it's so cute and I like the simple look to it too

Victoria
x

CraftyC said...

This is so cute. A lovely image
Clairex

bumblebee creations said...

How super cute! Cant wait to see more of the new releases!!!!

Dawn B. said...

Awww plopping down.... That is so cute. I really like your coloring and the highlighting you did. Super job Holly.

Linda L said...

Holly this is so cute. I worked for over an hour making a baby card tonight. I love this one.

Dean said...

Adorable card, adorable image and I love the layout you used!

Christy Dillman said...

Oops, that last comment was from me Holly-didn't realized I was logged on under my dad.

Hugs,
Christy

Nora said...

I have some of Eline's clip art that she sold at Daisie Company. I'm glad she's expanding her work into digital stamps & that Squigglefly was able to pick up such quality artists to add to our addictions! *LOL*
This little guy is just ducky! ;-)
-hugs-

Debby said...

well this is just the cutest card ever! love the embossin in the corner and the button on the ribbon. very cute. darling layout.

Heather the Mooselover said...

Each image is better than the last! I love that duck! Great job on the color challenge too.