Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Praying for You

Hi everyone. Life is really busy these days! Chesney and her boyfriend have gone on vacation to Tunica and I'm furbaby sitting for them. I have to leave a little earlier in the mornings to get over to let them out and feed them. I'll probably have it down to a good routine by the time they get back!

Today I thought I'd show you the sympathy card I made for Sarah Anderson.


(click to enlarge)

Stef was kind enough to send me her calla lilies and I thought they would make a great sympathy card image. I really struggled with this card because I know Sarah and my heart is just so heavy with sorrow for her and her family.

I colored the image with copic markers and highlighted with some white gesso. I find it easier to highlight with a thin paint brush than a gel pen. The border is a Fiskars border punch and it matches the color of the lilies perfectly. It looks redder in the photo, but the color is cameo coral.

The words are computer generated and I used some graduating size pearls on the side. The designer paper is from Papertrey Ink.

Well, I hope to participate in the Squigglefly challenge this week which is a fun sketch by Kim. I also want to do Vicki's Saturday Spotlight challenge. I just need to find the time! If you have any to spare send it to me!

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh holly! tho i don't know sarah, my heart breaks for her too and this card is just awesome!

hugs,

Vicki said...

Holly you did a wonderful job on this card...Stef's image was a perfect fit. Your colors all coordinate so nicely and are soothing. My heart goes out to Sarah and her family.
I love how you put the "furbaby" sitting! I chuckled when I saw that cause I have done that myself for our sons...one of which has 2 dogs and 2 cats! Have a good day Holly.

HUGS,
Vicki

Jeanette said...

The lilies are a perfect choice. Isn't Stef amazing.

I used to sit my friends Greyhound Cleo. I was her Auntie Jeanette. She would come to my house and she slept in the guest bed.

Jeanette

Niki said...

Beautiful card. The colors coordinate so well. Sympathy cards are always difficult for me.

Niki

Jane said...

This card is just BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE it!

bumblebee creations said...

what a beautiful card Holly! Love the colors!!

treesawardincrafts said...

I struggle with sympathy cards, like most people do. I have to make one and I have had a blockage in how to start. You have helped a lot. Thanks for showing this. Also, thanks for your kind comments on my post today. Toot n' moo. Tee Heee.

Maria Matter said...

oh so beautiful Holly!
I know Sarah will find some comfort knowing so many people care!!!
Is there an address posted somewhere to send cards?
It's so heartbreaking!
take care

Blessings, Maria

Pam in Ar. said...

Beautiful card...sad situation!

Hope Chesney and her BF win lots of money :) Happy Fur sitting.....

Dawn B. said...

My mom's heart cannot even imagine. This is a beautiful card and she will appreciate it so much.. Great job..

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Holly!! This is so gorgeous!! Stef sure has talent with her drawings. Your coloring and design is d bomb. I am sure Sarah will appreciate it. My heart goes out to her. I can't even imagine how she must feel.

hugs,
Chris

msfreida said...

I don't know Sarah, but I know she will find comfort in your thoughtfulness. I pray God gives her the strength to get through this most difficult time.

What a FABULOUS job you did on her card! I LOVE the design and the image you used is perfect...KUDOS to you and Stef! Love how the border picks up the shape of the image! BEAUTIFUL!

Hugs~

Nora said...

It's beautiful - love these colors together. Reading about Sarah & her family just broke my heart - no one should have to lose a child. Continued prayers for them.
-hugs-

Kristie said...

This card is beautiful, Holly. The image and colors are just perfect.

And if I find extra time, I really need it to get to all these fab challenges too!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Oooh......holly..this is so beautiful!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! Steph's image looks so stunning on your card Holly!! Beautifully colored and the border is perfect!! And you're always welcome to play along ANY time hun, but I wouldn't want you to miss on any great prizes either!! LOL! :)