Saturday, November 21, 2009

Snow Mouse

Hi everyone! Are you all loving the new images that Squigglefly has released? Every time I think I've found a favorite, I see another one I like just as much! The newsletter came out yesterday and I hope you all noticed the very generous discount Cheryl Alger has offered everyone on her images! What could be better than getting her adorable snowmen and elves at such a great price?

I love Nina Brackett's snowflakes, and Robin Willis listened to what you asked for and made us some SQUARE sentiments! Jane Beljo's adorable little animals, and Eline Pelinkhoff's little ducks just have me smiling ear to ear! Chesney's almost famous lady who's up a few pounds is there, nd the newest artist Susan Spiller has drawn some charming characters! Lynne Stansbery has some new shy bears that are cuter than ever and a fabulous Christmas bell border! There's just so much to see!

Tonight is the dig day fun at the Squigglefly group on card universe. The fun begins at 7pm central time tonight. Stef and I will be hosting and we have a fun game of twenty questions planned with LOTS of prizes to be had! I do hope you will come join us!

Today I have a card that uses one of Susan Spiller's images. I just thought this little mouse looked quite dapper in his winter clothes!




(click to enlarge)

I colored him with these copic markers




I highlighted with white gesso and used some of the faux flower soft for the snow. The background is embossed with the Spellbinders snowflake impressability and then I stuck some punched out snowflakes in some ares just to add a little more interest and dimension.

I haven't put a sentiment on this yet, and I may just have something on the inside about warm winter wishes. I haven't decided yet.

Well, I'm off to see what Vicki has planned for us on the Saturday Spotlight challenge, and then I'm off to do some Christmas shopping! I'm hoping to get the rest of what I need finished so I won't have to worry about it or fight ever-growing crowds.

I hope you have a great day and I hope to see you tonight at digi day! Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Vicki said...

Holly, just came from the store and kudos to all the artists! All the new images are so gorgeous it is going to be hard to choose. I want them ALL! And I did squeal with delight when I saw the square sentiments as I am one of the ones who said I would love to see them! Your card is darling...I like what you did with the added snowflake embellies on the embossing...cute...and how you offset the nesti...darling darling card! Happy xmas shopping...I have started but no where near finished!

Hugs,
Vicki

Pam in Ar. said...

Love that faux Flower Soft! Cute little mouse...Happy Shopping =)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

people still xmas shop???? LOL. i'm so glad i have a small family. now postage?? that's another story altogether!

what an adorable card. he can come shovel my walk anytime! as long as you bring him personally!

hugs,

msfreida said...

WOW! Aren't these new images FABULOUS? I can't wait to start playing with them! The one you chose today is SOOO ADORABLE! Your coloring is magnificent...as always! The embossing really adds the perfect detail along with the punched snowflakes! What PERFECT DP for this image! This just looks TOTALLY AWESOME! :)

Have fun shopping! I have barely started! I usually make about half of my gifts and I'm not anywhere near being finished with those either! I think I am going to have to put a time limit on my PC visits! Eckkk!

Hugs~

dmgifts said...

Holly i was wondeing if this stamp is available i looked in the store didnt see it. Thanks Diana

dmgifts said...

Holly i was wondeing if this stamp is available i looked in the store didnt see it. Thanks Diana

Heather said...

Super cute!! I still haven't colored mine...Hopefully today!!

Mayjasper said...

Love your card!
Regards, Mayjasper

Dena said...

Holly, what an adorable mouse! I just love those colors you used, so soft. Stunning coloring too! Hugs, Dena

Kim said...

Love ths one! What a cute mouse!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! Now he's soooo cute!! Just LOVE the colors you've used with him and the bed of sparkly snow he's on!! :) And you are ON the BALL with the shopping...sheesh!! I never start until like two weeks before...I know me and working under pressure all the time in ALL aspects of my life..huh?!!