Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Are You Prepared?

I'm still waiting to hear from the winner of Wednesday's card, Cheryl aka momzilajn. Cheryl, please contact me at usyungs@gmail.com with your mailing address so I can send you this card.

Good morning everyone! I hope your week is going well so far. It's a rainy day here and would be a perfect day for me to stay home and create more cards, but alas that is not in the cards for me today. Yesterday I started addressing my Christmas cards. So far I have 55 addressed ready to put stamps on. Just a few more to do!

Today I have a fun winter card for you. It uses one of the images Lynne Stansbery drew for Squigglefly called Staying Warm. Can you remember getting so bundled up for winter that you could barely walk?



(click to enlarge)

I colored this with these copic markers




I added some puffy markers to the pom pom on his hat and his ear muffs. I used white puffy marker on the ear muffs and then colored it with a marker, so if you only have white you really don't need any other color! The snow on the bottom is light blue stickles with some home made flower soft on top.

The card stock I used is some Freida gave me when we were in Memphis. It's some of the shimmer card stock from Paper Temptress. I've been trying to avoid temptation and now that I've tried it I know I will be ordering some. The copics blend on this beautifully. In fact, you almost don't even need to use as many shades of each color because the blending is so smooth.
The shimmer this card stock has is lovely! Here's a close up so you can see



(click to enlarge)

When I saw this image I knew exactly what I wanted it to say on the inside.


(click to enlarge)
and he's not talking about going outside to play in the snow! LOL!

Well, what ever you do today I hope you have some fun doing it! Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello Holly, what a lovely cute card, brilliant image so beautifully coloured as always. Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xx

msfreida said...

See I told you that paper is "the bomb"! But you've never needed any help to make your coloring look awesome!

This card is FANTASTIC! This image brings back sooo many memories...FABULOUS job, Lynne! Your coloring really stands out against this paper...LOVE the shadows and highlights! The 'snow' and the 'puff' on the earmuffs and cap add so much texture...LOOKS AWESOME!

This card does remind me of getting the kiddos all bundled up, and then they would get that 'urge'! Well, it never fails with me too...just when I get my Spanx pulled up and in position, I have only seconds to get to the bathroom! With that being said, your inside sentiment is PERFECT! :)

Hugs~

Vicki said...

Oh Holly this card is super! I did find that the paper you use with Copics makes a huge difference...I have been using some from Marcos paper that is smooth as a babys behind...expensive...I may take a look at yours and Freida's find. I love your background paper and your coloring is superb as always! And I can relate to your inside! Isn't that ALWAYS what happens? You gave me a good chuckle sweetie!

HUGS,
Vicki

Shirley said...

I'm NOT prepared. Loved the card.

Becky said...

This is so cute, it looks like me during the winter months :)

Shawna said...

Oh yes, I remember.........and I remember playing outside for about five minutes and then wanting back inside and all those layers having to come off!!! My kids did the same thing........ go figure. Love your card Holly!

Maria Matter said...

omgosh, I remember this stage of parenting well! I'm glad my brood can all dress themselves now!!! lol

I love this image, you've colored it so beautifully! The shimmer is fabulous!!!
Blessings,Maria

Jeanette said...

I can relate to that sentiment. I love the bg paper that you chose for this image. Really nicely done Holly. Kudos to Lynne for her artwork.

Patricia St Martin said...

love your little guy. Yes I remember dressing up like that we lived in upper Michigan for 18 years and it is very cold up there. What on earth is puffy markers? Your not talking about liquid Applique? You did a wonderful job coloring. I just love those copic markers.

Nora said...

*ROFL* When I saw the image my first thought was EXACTLY what you wrote inside! Too funny! PT shimmer paper IS some good stuff...worth every penny for sure!
Thanks for sharing such a cute card with us!
-hugs-

Jane said...

Adorable card!! Awesome colouring!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh, that is how my girls looked today when we left to go grocery shopping. Lol! It is cold here and my youngest has been sniffling and sneezing non stop. She finished a whole box of tissues in one day!

Any who... your coloring and design is gorgeous. Love the sentiment too.
hugs,
Chris

CraftBelle said...

Thanks you for the comment on my blog Holly. Great colouring on a fab image.

Debby said...

Wow. I have not ONE Christmas card ready to roll. I'm impressed. This guy is too cute for words. Love all your details. The blue under the snow. The puffy markers. Too cute.

Dawn B. said...

When my son was little I would get him all bundled up and he would say..Um mom I have to go potty..It never failed.. We laugh about it now.. This is so cute.. I love the puffy.. I have been looking for puffy paint here and it is all sold out.. Great job with this one Holly. Such a sweet image.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

LOL!! This is so adorable Holly!! I think that's what we have over here today as the kids got out early from school!! BLAH!!!

Martha said...

such a cute image!

Rachel said...

This image makes me laugh, it's sooo cute!!! you did an adorable job with it.
hugs,
Rachel