Friday, December 4, 2009

An Award and Two Cards!

Hi everyone! I received a wonderful award from Shawna at Paper Kisses and Inky Wishes. Don't cha just love that name?! I'm truly honored that she thought of my blog for this award



Shawna has a wonderful blog and does so many pretty things. She's trying to build up her followers some, so it'd be great if you'd drop by and see what she's been up to.

The rules for receiving this nomination are to list 7 things people may find interesting about myself, but since I've done this several times before I thought I'd change it up just a bit and tell you 7 things about people I know. Now, if I know you and you're a little worried about what I might say - don't worry I won't air any dirty laundry!

1. My boss carves beautiful bears and owls out of tree stumps.
2. One of my older sisters dropped me on my head when I was a baby (I know what you're thinking and cut it out!)
3. Both of my daughters played musical instruments in high school.
4. My dog is a fantastic mole finder (she isn't nice to them after she finds them so don't ask to borrow her to find any pet moles)
5. A lady who used to work next door to my office pronounces "aspargus" os pa rau gus
6. A former co-worker pronounces the word "column" coll yum
7. A niece of mine is a huge fan of Gwen Stefani and has met her several times.

I'm also supposed to pass this on to seven other people, but in the spirit of not piling anything else on people's plates during this busy month I am not going to do that. Thank you Shawna for the award, I really appreciate it!

I still haven't been able to finish anything new, so here are two more cards we made at Stamp A Stack. The first one is super simple but really pretty. I love the embossed layer with the petals a plenty embossing folder.


(click to enlarge)

This next one they were coloring with chalks, but I left mine non-colored and used water colors on it after I got home. I like the old fashioned looking Santa. the only thing I don't like is the sentiment at the bottom because there is already a greeting in the image. I may remove it and put a ribbon there instead. What do you think?



(click to enlarge)

Well, we are leaving for Memphis when I get off work this afternoon. It will be nice to see Ashley and tomorrow I will be meeting Freida for a day of fun! So if you don't hear from me for a couple of days you'll know why! Don't forget that tomorrow Squigglefly has a new image release and they have a new artist to reveal too!

17 comments:

Maria Matter said...

oh, I love that cardinal card...that would soooo be my mass produced Christmas card if I had that image! Simply stunning!!!

love the old world santa too, so jolly! a nice lush ribbon would look great on it, if you chose to take that route! :)

Enjoy your visits!
blessings, Maria

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

woooo hooo on the award! and gorgeous cards! i love the cardinal!

give freida a big hug for me and tell her maybe i'll join you another time! wouldn't that be a hoot!!!!

hugs,

Vicki said...

Holly your cards today are amazing! Love them both...especially the cardinal one! I love birds! Have fun with Freida this weekend! And congrats on your blog award! You do such nice work. :)

HUGS,
Vicki

msfreida said...

Oh I LOVE the cardinal one too! The embossing looks GORGEOUS and really makes the image pop! I am a HUGE bird watcher, and I think I just might have to adopt this one! I also love the Santa/reindeer one...LOVE the Old World look! I agree that ribbon would be GORGEOUS at the bottom...still BEAUTIFUL though!

To say I am excited about tomorrow is an understatement! Wouldn't it be cool to have a SF family reunion with everyone! Everyone here means SOOO much to me, and I would LOVE to share giggles and hugs in person!...one day it WILL happen! :)

Hugs~

Patricia St Martin said...

The Cardinal is beautiful... The red is so bright. I agree you did not need anymore words on the Santa card but that is a wonderful image of an old fashioned Santa. Congratulation on you award.....

Shawna said...

Oh Holly, your cards are beautiful. That cardinal is especially gorgeous. And thank you for the kind words about my blog; I really appreciate it. I thought the same thing about time constraints, but I am so glad you shared the information about 7 other people. Some FUN facts! Enjoy your trip!

Becky said...

I am loving this cardinal card, so simple and elegant.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi sweetie!! Congrats on your award..you're very deserving!! ;) Love your Christmas cards...I have such a hard time with these and I always love the way they look!! Thanks for inspiring me!! HUGS

Heather the Mooselover said...

Safe travel- enjoy your visit!

Congrats on your blog award.

Love the cardinal card- very clean and crisp looking.

Biscuitlid said...

these are both lovely Holly, so neatly finished too

Victoria
x

weatkins said...

You just are never going to forget the fact that I dropped you on your head, are you??! I was 7 years old for Pete's sake! Plus, you were already weird. And I had nothing to do with you setting the mattress on fire.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Congrats on your Award Holly. You are so deserving!! I love both your cards!! Gorgeous!! That red and white card with the cardinal is my favorite.
hugs,
Chris

Leslie Miller said...

These are pretty and just right for a stamp-a-stack! I agree with your thoughts on the second card. You have a good eye!

Jane said...

Gorgeous cards!!

Jeanette said...

Both are beautiful. I'm lovin' the
antique look with Santa and the reindeer.

Debby said...

They are both gorgeous however the cardinal is elegant and striking.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

WOW!! these are gorgeous!! and congrats on the award!