Hi everyone! I received a wonderful award from Shawna at Paper Kisses and Inky Wishes. Don't cha just love that name?! I'm truly honored that she thought of my blog for this award
Shawna has a wonderful blog and does so many pretty things. She's trying to build up her followers some, so it'd be great if you'd drop by and see what she's been up to.
The rules for receiving this nomination are to list 7 things people may find interesting about myself, but since I've done this several times before I thought I'd change it up just a bit and tell you 7 things about people I know. Now, if I know you and you're a little worried about what I might say - don't worry I won't air any dirty laundry!
1. My boss carves beautiful bears and owls out of tree stumps.
2. One of my older sisters dropped me on my head when I was a baby (I know what you're thinking and cut it out!)
3. Both of my daughters played musical instruments in high school.
4. My dog is a fantastic mole finder (she isn't nice to them after she finds them so don't ask to borrow her to find any pet moles)
5. A lady who used to work next door to my office pronounces "aspargus" os pa rau gus
6. A former co-worker pronounces the word "column" coll yum
7. A niece of mine is a huge fan of Gwen Stefani and has met her several times.
I'm also supposed to pass this on to seven other people, but in the spirit of not piling anything else on people's plates during this busy month I am not going to do that. Thank you Shawna for the award, I really appreciate it!
I still haven't been able to finish anything new, so here are two more cards we made at Stamp A Stack. The first one is super simple but really pretty. I love the embossed layer with the petals a plenty embossing folder.
(click to enlarge)
This next one they were coloring with chalks, but I left mine non-colored and used water colors on it after I got home. I like the old fashioned looking Santa. the only thing I don't like is the sentiment at the bottom because there is already a greeting in the image. I may remove it and put a ribbon there instead. What do you think?
(click to enlarge)
Well, we are leaving for Memphis when I get off work this afternoon. It will be nice to see Ashley and tomorrow I will be meeting Freida for a day of fun! So if you don't hear from me for a couple of days you'll know why! Don't forget that tomorrow Squigglefly has a new image release and they have a new artist to reveal too!