Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Birthday Tweetings

Okay, I'm in a big hurry this morning so I have very little time to write! I have a birthday card for you today, which is pretty obvious considering my post title! This card uses one of the brand new images Angie Davis drew for Squigglefly called Picking Flowers


(click to enlarge)

I think her birds would be wonderful paper pieced, but all of this is colored with copic markers. I chalked the sky and then stamped some grass sprigs over the green marker I colored for the grass. The words are computer generated and die cut with circle and scalloped circle nestabilites.


Don't forget to enter my challenge to make a get well card for Clyde! You can win a prize and you still have until New Year's Eve to enter! Just post a link to your card in the comment section HERE!

Squigglefly has contacted the new design team, and I think an announcement will be made very soon! Yay! I'm ready for the fun to begin again.

Right now, there is no fun for me though as I have to get ready for work. I hope you all have a fantastic day, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Rachel said...

Holly, this is such a Tweet birthday card (sorry couldn't resist)lol~ you did such a beautiful job.
Hugs,
Rachel

Rose Petal said...

Ahh Holly. Such a tweety character. I love the red and the ribbon to finish.
Love Sandra xx

Elaine A said...

What a (dare I say it - nah) sweet card this is. I love the way you've colored it. Hope you have a great day at work!

Elaine Allen

Jane said...

Hey!!
This is soooo ADORABLE! Awesome image!! so many new GREAT images at Squigglefly!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Holly, this is so adorable hun!! I really love your red colors in this!! The layout is fabulous!! I will be making a card and post it soon hun!! I hope you've enjoyed your Christmas and looking forward to the New Year!! :) I'm sure you'll have lots more for us to enjoy!! HUGS

Vicki said...

Holly very nice! I know I say this a lot...but your coloring is fab!! This is such a fun image. Hope you have a great day today Holly and if I don't talk to you before Friday, Happy New Year too!

HUGS,

Vicki

Catherine said...

What a brilliant card Holly ! I love the colours you have chosen and the layout is great ! Looking forward to playing with the Squigglefly DT ! Smile from Catherine

Pam in Ar. said...

When I look at this card one thing comes to mind......bring on Spring :)

Have a great day!

Becky said...

I must agree, I see Spring in this card, and it can not come fast enough. I am loving all this red.

Biscuitlid said...

fab layout Holly, love the strong colours too

Victoria
x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh what a "tweet" Birthday card, Holly!! Love your red bird and your design!! Beautiful work!!

Happy New Year!!

hugs,
Chris

Kim said...

This is too cute!!!!!

msfreida said...

SOOO ADORABLE! This card is so bright and cheerful! Love the colors you used!

Hugs~

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

OH MAN! This is cute cute cute. That birdie is amazing. You are making me wanna shop my brains out! heehee