Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dasher and trees

Hi everyone. There's still time to comment to win yesterday's card! Just leave a comment HERE. Last night I worked on making an envelope to go with it. I thought it turned out pretty cute, so I'm sharing a picture of the card with the envelope


(click to enlarge)

I cut down a larger Hallmark envelope and then punched the same border punch that I used on the card on the flap and then I glued on little white stars. I cut a strip from the same designer paper and glued it on the flap too. It's fun to decorate envelopes, and I don't take the time to do it very often!

Other than the envelope I didn't have time to finish anything else. I am working on something, but it's not ready. In the mean time I thought I'd share with you a couple of the cards I made at the Stamp A Stack I went to a couple of weeks ago.

This one was really quick to do because the sentiment and image are all one big stamp. We just stamped it on the white cardstock. I added a bit of glitter to the snow on the ground after I got it home. Very quick, but beautiful card so it's perfect if you have a ton of Christmas cards to make and you're pressed for time!




(click to enlarge)

This one is another one that I added a bit of glitter to after getting it home. I added some to the swirly area by his antlers. This was quick for us but the paper was already all cut for us too! I actually messed up on this one because all four corners were supposed to be clipped!

Well, we had rain all day yesterday and then it cooled down significantly so it's feeling more like December! The cooler weather has Riley pumped up and excited about everything!

I'll be back a little later to announce the winner of yesterday's card! Enjoy your day and thanks for looking!




(click to enlarge)

9 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hi there Holly. What gorgeous cards. I love the christmas tree one, very classy. Then again, all your cards are lovely so its hard to choose a favourite. Have a nice day.
Love Sandra xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i love the trees! it's sooooo elegant!

and a super envie too!

hugs,

msfreida said...

Well whoever wins this card and envie will be one lucky gal! How AWESOME the envie looks! It's amazing what a border and a few scallops will do for one!

Both Christmas cards are sooo BEAUTIFUL! I'm a big tree lover, and this card is absolutely GORGEOUS! The glitter and snow look amazing! The glitter also looks great on the antlers...love this image!

Riley sounds like she loves the cold weather like Lexie did. I surely wish it energized me! LOL

2 MORE DAYS!!!! Whaaa hooo! :)
Hugs~

jacque4u2c said...

What a great way to jazz up a plain ole' envelope! Never thought of using a punch. Fantastic idea!

I agree with Step - I love the trees!!! Just so elegant and outstanding!!!!

Maria Matter said...

Fabulous envie!

Stamp a stack, now that sounds fun!
Beautiful cards Holly, love the simpliicity of the trees card!

Blessings, Maria

Becky said...

wow girl, I am lucky to get 2 done aweek :), these are beautiful, love the trees.

Rachel said...

your cards are all beautiful Holly! your first card made me laugh, cute sentiment. wonderful job.
hugs,
Rachel

Kristie said...

Cute cards! I love the reindeer since they are one of my favorite things about Christmas.

Debby said...

The trees the trees! GORGEOUS!!!