Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Feel Better Clyde!

Hi everyone! I hope you are having a good week so far. Before I get on with my post today I wanted to take the time to answer a couple of questions that Joanne left on my blog yesterday
Joanne asked: Questions:
1) can you use homemade paper in your printer?
2) I need a method to print my name onto fabric to make labels for a quilt block exchange - do you have any suggestions?


Joanne, you can indeed use homemade paper in your printer! What I do is put a little double sided tape on the back of the handmade paper and stick it to some regular copy paper. Then my printer will pick it up and run it through just like regular paper. Once I've printed on it, just carefully unstick it from the copy paper! If the paper you are using is really thick, you may have to adjust your printer settings to using a different kind of paper than plain.

As for printing your name onto fabric for your labels, I made a video that shows you how to print on fabric that you can see here. Simply put, you just iron the waxy side of freezer paper to your fabric, cut it to the size of paper for your printer, and then run it through your printer like normal.

I hope that helps you out Joanne!

Most of you know Stef aka Glitterbabe and Shady Lady, and if you follow her blog then you know her husband Clyde has been in the hospital since Christmas Eve.

A bunch of us on the Squigglefly group at Card Universe have been anxiously awaiting to hear who is going to be on the new design team. We are ready for challenges to begin again! So, I decided to issue my own challenge and I'm offering up a prize to go with it!

The challenge is to make a get well card for Clyde. You don't have to use a Squigglefly image for my challenge (but it'd be great if you did!), and you have until New Year's Eve to get your card posted. I'll post the winner on New Year's day. After you make the card and post it on your blog or a gallery, leave a comment with the link to your card on this post. If you need Stef's address to send the card to Clyde, just e mail me at usyungs@gmail.com and I'll give it to you.

Here's the card I made



(click to enlarge)

I used the darling little nurse that Susan Spiller drew for Squigglefly. I colored it with copic markers and chalked the background. The words are computer generated and then I cut them out with a nestabilites die.

I kept it pretty simple since it's for a man. I thought Clyde might appreciate a little glitter since he is married to Glitterbabe and all, but I left it off. I hope he gets a ton of cards and is back home before the challenge ends! Want to see what the prize is?





Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

How fun!!!! I hope to get a chance to make a card for Clyde tonight! Thanks for the challenge! I am in a challenge mood!! Have a great day Holly!!!

Rose Petal said...

Hi Holly. This is such a sweet card, I am sure that Clyde will love it. Hope he feels better soon.
Love Sandra xx

Vicki said...

Holly I really like your card...this is a really cute image and your coloring is superb as always! And the candy!!! We all love candy!Hope your day is super.

Vicki

Becky said...

Good morning Holly..What a cute image and gorgeous get well card.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh holly this is just too cute - tho' i think she needs bigger boobs for hubby!!!! just kidding!

you are just so kind and then some - which is why i love you.

hugs,

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, love you card for Clyde.

Rachel said...

This is sooo precious Holly!! Clyde is going to love it!
hugs,
Rachel

Kim said...

Great challenge Holly! I made a card inbetween making buns! Here is a link-
http://frommystamproom.blogspot.com/2009/12/get-well-for-clyde.html

Biscuitlid said...

cute card - I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

Nope, still not sharing the whole Blue Jelly thing!!!

Victoria
x

Dawn B. said...

Awww what a sweet challenge.. I hope I can play too. I have some new Squigglefly images I need to use.. I also printed on fabric today and used the doublesided tape to adhere.. Worked like a charm.. This image is so sweet. I think I need to go shopping.hehe...

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

You are too sweet Holly!! Clyde will appreciate your thoughtfulness!! Gorgeous coloring and design!! Cute and cheerful image!!

hugs,
Chris

bumblebee creations said...

My Challenge card will be on my blog in a few minutes! Thanks for the chance to win!!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh Holly, this is sooo adorable!! What a sweet image!! Of course you KNOW I'll be making a card for sweet Clyde!! I'll be back later to post!! You're such a sweetheart Holly!! HUGS

Rachel said...

Hi Holly,
got my card for Clyde done, you are such a sweetheart for doing this. my card can be found here
hugs,
Rachel

Shawna said...

What a good friend you are Holly! Thank you for doing this! I am off to make my card for Clyde and it will be posted on my blog by morning.

msfreida said...

Oh you are a jewel! I had no idea about Clyde til this morning. God bless him! I will keep him and Stef in my prayers.

He will adore your card! Such an awesome image and I love your design. You are one of the most thoughtful gals I know! Such a kind gesture, Holly!

Hugs~