Monday, December 21, 2009

Have A Tweet Birthday

Good morning everyone! I'm so glad that this a short work week! I hope all of you are ready for Christmas because it's coming on us fast!

I did have time to play in my craft room yesterday, and I got to play with some of the new images Squigglefly just released. I really love the bird images that one of the new artists Angie Davis has drawn. I love the loose, sketchy look to them. I used the one called Gift Birdie for a birthday card which makes it qualify for the Digital Tuesday challenge to make a birthday card!



(click to enlarge)

I colored it with copic markers and put some large blue rain dots in three of the corners. I colored part of a feather blue with a marker and tucked it under one of the corners too. I think it's a fun touch!

Here's the inside of the card





If you haven't seen the new images that Squigglefly just released over the weekend, I urge you to go take a look. there are some new shy bears and a couple of adorable RAK coons, a really fun Party Thing from Rich Davis, and a great Superbowl Teddy bear from Susan Spiller that is just in time for the football fan in your life! There are too many great ones to mention, so go check 'em out for yourself!

I do hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hi there Holly. Gorgeous image, so cute. Nice getting onto different types of cards now isnt it.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Becky said...

This is a cute bird, and love the feathers.

Heather the Mooselover said...

Love that bird image. Just perfect with that watercolor style.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! I just love the colors on this!! So subtle and soft!! What a cute birdie too!! :) HUGS

Jeanette said...

Ooooh so pretty. Did you color the inside of the card too. Going over to visit Squigglefly.

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

What a sweet looking card. I love the inside, what a nice way to show off the greeting.

Elaine Allen

Patricia St Martin said...

great looking bird. card turned out really cute.

Biscuitlid said...

how cute?
Hmm Blue Jelly? There's a story behind it - might share one day!
x

Pam in Ar. said...

I love it...I'll take it for myself since today is my birthday! I'm the big 50 and lovin' it :)

Have a great day everyone....

Linda L said...

Very Cute! I love the little feather.
Have a very Merry Christmas!
Hugs,
Linda

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This bis such a cute birthday card Holly. Love the bird and the sentiment. Have a very merry Christmas!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

How cute! and your coloring is as awesome as always. :) I wanted to come by and wish you a very Happy Holiday season. I feel blessed that we've gotten to be friends. :)

Vicki said...

Holly...very awesome card! I love the image and your coloring is superb...loved the feather you added! And the inside is beautiful! Great job!

HUGS!

Vicki

Maria Matter said...

Sweet Tweet! love these colors!
Blessings!

Debby said...

Very cute. What is that punch on the inside paper. I love that punch. The feather is an awesome extra something