Thursday, December 17, 2009

High Steaks

Good morning everyone! If you haven't yet commented on yesterday's card and you'd like to have a chance to win it, you still have time! I will have random.org pick a winner this afternoon.

I was really happy to see Squigglefly add a new image to their "divine bovine" series! I just love them because it's such fun to create a plain old silly card to send to to someone to make them smile. And I don't care how silly the pun, they do tend to make people smile. Okay, you may groan first - but I'll bet you smile!

The card I made today uses the newest image in this series called The Steaks Are High


(click to enlarge)

I followed the sketch for this week's sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers, but I turned it on it's side. The image is colored with copic markers and I used chalk around a scalloped circle for the clouds in the sky. The hot air balloon is paper pieced and I printed the words out on the computer.

I really had fun making this and I'm sending it to one of my sisters. She could use a card that will make her smile right now. Today she is headed to St. Louis to begin the process of a bone marrow transplant. This is a really scary time for her and her family, and I appreciate any prayers you wish to say for them.

It's hard to believe that one week from today is Christmas Eve! I still haven't hung a single ornament on our Christmas tree! I do plan to do that this weekend though! And there's another release from Squigglefly this weekend! Are you liking having a new release to look forward to every Saturday? I sure am!

I hope you all have a wonderful day, and I'll be back a little later to announce the winner of yesterday's card! Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Michele Spera said...

oh cute, I love the image to funny:-) I really like the balloon part paper pieced!! love the bright colors
Xmichele

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so cute Holly!! I just love your paper pieced balloon and the sweet image!! Nice Cheery happy colors too!
hugs,
Chris

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

Love the card. And I love the name of the image - too cute. I'm keeping your sister in my prayers that all turns out well for her.

Elaine Allen

scrappypug said...

heh this brought a smile to my face this morning.. too cute!

Vicki said...

Cute Cute Cute! Love your card Holly...beautifully colored. That image does make a person smile! I will keep your sister in my prayers Holly...take care hon and have a great day today!

HUGS,
Vicki

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

high STEAKS! now THAT'S funny! and i keep checking SF EVERYDAY, just in case they sneak something in - LOL.

prayers and hugs for your sister.

Shawna said...

High steaks indeed! Too funny. I am sorry to hear that your sister has to have that procedure. I will put her on my prayer list Holly. All of your family, actually, as something like this affects everyone. Hugs and prayers to all of you.

Heather the Mooselover said...

Adorable card. The divine bovine images are so fun!

Prayers to your sister and your family.

Rose Petal said...

Hello Holly. How fabulous. Gorgeous bright colours and a fabulous fun image. Just great.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

bmpa1476 said...

The cows crack me up.

Patricia St Martin said...

Those cows are somethings else.
love the way you did the ballon.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

omg! Holli this is too cute. Love the play on words too! Reminds me of a Chik fil A billboard!!! Hahahaha

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

LOL!! This is just adorable hun!! I love the colorful papers to go with the fun image!! Love your title too!! LOL!! ;)

Biscuitlid said...

fab card - love that sentiment to bits, hope your sister has a good giggle when she gets it too.

FIngers crossed all goes well for her, will be thinking of you all

Victoria
x

Maria Matter said...

Just said a prayer for your sister & her family!

You're too funny with your high steaks! lol totally fun card! Great idea to paper piece the balloon!

take care
Blessings, Maria

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hahahahaha...I love it. What a cute card!

Dawn B. said...

I will be praying for your sister. That must be very scary.. This is the perfect image to "lift" her spirits.. Your coloring is amazing..Hugs and Merry Christmas.

Debby said...

The steaks are high! OMG! That's funny. couple of cows doing some tokes. That is the first thing that popped in my head. I'm sick. Love your card btw.