Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's Not Freezin' Here

Hi everyone! Here it is December 1st already! I kind of feel like I got back to my normal work schedule now. How about ya'll? I still have lots to do around here. One exciting thing that I'm going to do this weekend is go to Memphis and my very dear blogging friend Freida is going to meet me there! I'm so excited to be meeting someone who is already such a dear friend to me! We are going to shop at Archivers and Eclectica which we recently discovered we have both been to in the past. Ashley lives in Memphis and has graciously offered to chauffeur us to the stores.

I'm bringing copics and images to color too! I am even giving Riley a bath before we go so she will look her (well almost) best when she gets to meet Freida. Anyway, I've been gathering things to take to Memphis and I have all of the Christmas gifts I've bought lying around waiting to be wrapped.

I did manage to squeeze some time in my craft room last night though and make this little winter greetings card.


(click to enlarge)

It is supposed to be freezin' season, but it's not gotten to that point here. It's been in the sixties most days and lows have dipped to the thirties, but mostly in the forties at night. I'm ready for some WINTER!

Anyway, I had fun making this wintry card. I used one of the circle sentiments by Robin Willis called Tis the Season available at Squigglefly. I love the circle sentiments because you don't have to think up or print a separate sentiment. It's all there in one sweet little package and all you get to do is the fun stuff of coloring and decorating it!

I used copic markers to color and then I glued a plastic piece from one of those "make a button" kits from Hobby Lobby. They are slightly rounded so you can have a little shaker stuff, but you can't over do it because they are quite shallow. They are easy peasy though! My shaker filling is faux flower soft.

I backed it with a scalloped circle and the super yummy die cut paper in the background is from K and Company called Deck the Halls. It's layered over some other designer paper that is light blue with white snow flakes and red dots. I don't know who makes that though off the top of my head, and I'm too pressed for time to go find out - sorry!

Anyway, that's it from me today! I hope you have a fantastic day and thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello Holly. I just adore thios card. Beautiful image and I love the background. Very pretty.
Have a lovely day.
Love Sandra xx

Dawn B. said...

This is so cute Holly. What a terrific way to use this image.. I love this image.. May have to play along sometime this week.. Great job. I am so loving that faux flower soft and have been sending everyone your way for that tutorial.. Another great tutorial. Have fun this weekend.

jacque4u2c said...

Great card Holly! i love the dome you used!

Vicki said...

Very pretty card Holly! I love the background! And lucky you to be able to meet Freida! You two will have a blast! I bet you can't wait for the weekend to come! Enjoy your day Holly!
HUGS!
Vicki

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a fabulous card! i love shaker cards!

and i wish i was meeting you & freida. i'd soooooo love to meet the both of you. maybe one day....

hugs,

Shawna said...

Oooooo, I love this card Holly! And that little penguin is soooo cute. Have fun with Frieda ----- and hug that Riley dog for me!

msfreida said...

Oh Honey...Memphis is gonna get ROCKED this Saturday! Why we may be the next Thelma and Louise! Even Sara commented that she hasn't seen me this excited in a LOOONGGG time! :) And I even get to meet Riley...HOT DANG! I CAN'T WAIT! :):):)

Your card is FABULOUS...SOOO CREATIVE! I never would have thought to use one of those button makers thingys for a shaker card! I'm really hoping some of your creativity rubs off on me!

Patricia St Martin said...

cute, cute.... Love shaker cards and Penguins.. Great background sparkles beautifly...

Becky said...

love this card and how you did the background is so cool. Have fun.

Rachel said...

This is precious Holly!!
hugs,
Rachel

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

HI Holly!! You just KNOW I've got to LOVE this one, right?!! :) Love the penguin and the clever snow globe idea!! Have fun with your friend!! HUGS

Kim said...

Wow Holly!!! I love this!!!!!

Maria Matter said...

you and your card are fabulous!!!

Blessings, Maria

Biscuitlid said...

what a gorgeous card Holly, I love the layered background and that image is just so very cute. Great idea to make the snowglobe

Victoria
x

Jenny said...

Holly,
This is fabulous! I will have to look for those button things next time I'm in Hobby Lobby (any tips on where they are?)!
After this weekend, I should get back into my regular routine. I miss everyone!
Jenny

Shawna said...

Hey Holly I have an award for you. Please follow the link to my blog. www.paperkissesandinkywishes.com

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Such a cute idea! You are brilliant - I've always wondered what to do with those thingys. LOL I never throw anything out. I'm so gonna case this one!!

Kristie said...

This is adorable!! Enjoy your time with Freida!