Monday, December 7, 2009

Joyous Poinsettia

I'm still waiting to hear from the winner of Wednesday's card, Cheryl aka momzilajn. Cheryl, please contact me at usyungs@gmail.com with your mailing address so I can send you this card.

Good morning! I hope you are all doing great this morning! I want to take this opportunity to tell Freida HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope your day is perfect in every way Freida!

If you haven't been to the squigglefly blog recently, you need to RUN there NOW and check out the absolutely AWESOME thing they have done! It's a beautiful, inspiration filled tribute to the artists and design team featuring their most popular images with cards created by their customers and design team. It is without a doubt something you will go back to again and again.

I was busy yesterday and didn't have that much time in my craft room, but I did have a chance to make a card for the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers and as luck would have it, my card also works for the Saturday Spotlight Challenge!




(click to enlarge)

I used the pretty little poinsettia that Jane Beljo drew for Squigglefly. I printed it out two times and then cut one apart. I used the center of one to pop up over the full image, and the rest of the petals to slide in under the full image also with pop dots. It gives it a lot of dimension. I used some dots of glue in the center and then sprinkled some yellow glitter on.

I used two different leaf punches; one from Martha Stewart and one from EK Success. The JOY sentiment is from a Stampin Up set called The Snowflake Spot. The papers are from Brenda Walton Christmas pack and a Debbie Mumm holiday pack. I embossed the gold layer with the textile embossing folder from Provo Craft and was really impressed (like that pun?) with how much shinier it made the gold appear after it was embossed!

It was a pretty easy card to make and would be fast if you didn't do the cutting on the poinsettia I did. The three pearls are from Prima.

Well, I hope you have a fantastic day and you know I thank you for stopping by!


The card I CASED can be seen here.

18 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello Holly. Your card is just stunning. I love it, pure quality.
Love Sandra xx

Jeanette said...

Beautiful. So elegant.

Jane said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! love it!!

msfreida said...

Thank you, Holly! I really don't celebrate my birthday anymore because 21 yrs ago today, God blessed me with the most precious daughter anyone could ask for. Now THAT was a birthday gift! Plus...I don't get any older if I don't claim it as "MY" b'day! Teehee :)

BOY, did SF do an AWESOME review or what??? That is sooo AMAZING! What a FANTASTIC way to celebrate this past year! KUDOS, EVERYONE! :)

OHHH, this card is GORGEOUS! What a FABULOUS job you did with Jane's MAGNIFICENT poinsettia!!!
Using the gold embossed layer, really makes your cutting pop! PERFECT sentiment too! EVERYTHING looks SOOO FANTASTIC!

Hugs~

Vicki said...

Very very pretty Holly! I love your layout and LOVE the embossing! Very nicely done my friend! We must have been on the same wavelength yesterday...my card for today is using the MS punch too! Great minds think alike!

HUGS,
Vicki

Cheryl said...

wow this is stunning so love it hugs cheryl xxxx

Chesney said...

Happy birthday to you and your daughter both, Freida!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow holly! this is gorgeous! i love the gold embossing. it's just gorgeous!

hugs,

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, this is beautiful. Love the gold edges you did on the poinsettia gives it a nice high light.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous Poinsettia, Holly! What a beautiful layout and design!! The gold on the edges of your flowers add such elegance. Glad you were able to play with the Sat. Spotlight. I love your creations and visiting you here!
hugs,
Chris

Crystal said...

WOW Holly this is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE that poinsettia and your colors and layout!!! BEAUTIFUL creation!!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Saturday Spotlight!

Jodi said...

I am loving this fabulous card you have made with those flowers!! The gold really brings out your card against the red!!
Thanks for joining us at Sat. Spotlight!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Heather the Mooselover said...

Gorgeous card and I love how you dimentionalized the poinsettia.

Dawn B. said...

This is really beautiful Holly. I love the golds and the wonderful poinsettia layered like that.. Really nice holiday card.. I am off to check out SF...

Emma said...

Beautiful card Holly...the gold panel is gorgeous.
Hugs Emma x

Debby said...

Cutting & drawing. Not my fortes at all. This is gorgeous! Did you print the pointsettia out in red or did you color it? Tried to find that but I may be missing it.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Holly!! WOW!! This is just gorgeous hun!! I love that pretty poinsettia!! The gold color and the embossing is just awesome!! Thanks for playing with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Ooooh...how pretty! I love poinsettias!!