Thursday, December 31, 2009

Long On Love

Hi everyone! Happy last day of the year! If you go out and do any celebrating tonight, please be careful because there are a lot of crazy people on the roads on New Year's Eve!

I got the news at work yesterday that I wouldn't have to come in to work today, so I'm free today to play and create! I wanted to remind you that today is the last day to get your get well card made for Clyde to be entered into my challenge. I'll announce the winner of the prize tomorrow.

Also, the very talented Rich Davis who is the newest artist to join Squigglefly has very kindly drawn an image for you to use for a get well card and it is being offered as a freebie on the Squigglefly group at Card Universe. Hurry up and get it today though, because it's only there for a short time!

This is a card I made for the ladies at my dentist's office. They all love getting cards from me, and I always try to make one to send my payment in.


(click to enlarge)

I used the cute You're A Weiner image that Robin Willis drew for Squigglefly, except before I printed it I erased the words she had and added my own.

It's colored with copic markers and colored pencils. I punched a folk heart out on the side and then punched the heart again out of some designer paper and then glued the designer paper heart inside the card so it shows through the punched out heart on the front. I then added some pierced holes along the side and the bottom leading to the heart to draw attention to it.

Notice the sparkly collar the dog has on? That is my new spica copic markers. I do like the twinkle they give! Tomorrow Squigglefly will be announcing the new design team! Can't wait to see who it is! Well, enjoy your day and I thank you so much for stopping by!

22 comments:

Steph said...

Ha ha! What a great image and sentiment! It really made me smile. Love that paper too!

Becky said...

As always you have the cutest sentiments. This year has flown by..

Pam in Ar. said...

Hey..your comment thingie is fixed! I like this way so much better :)

Yay for no work..I'm headed out to work in a minute and then I'm headed to Kentucky for a weekend wedding with friends.

Love the card but I'm sorry for you...if you have to MAIL payments to your Dentist, that is just way too much seeing him...hope this year is a Dentist Free year for you and I look forward to 2010's sharing of your blog and friendship.

Rose Petal said...

AAhhhh, thats lovely Holly, such a cutie.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

msfreida said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :) Boy, have I ever missed y'all! Dec just came and went and so did I!

So Santa did bring you the Spicas, and look at how they sparkle! This card is PRECIOUS! Robin did an excellent job, and so did you! Love the DP, and your extra touches really add "punch"...get it?! Oh it's too early!

I hope 2010 will bring you all the happiness you can stand, and will be extra good for Squigglefly...just watch her soar! Love ya, GF!

Hugs~

Maria Matter said...

this is too fun! who knew a weiner dog would be perfect on a card! lol

love that you're making everything a little more magical with your new spica markers!

Happy New Year!!!!
Hugs & blessings, Maria

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

you are one of the most thoughtful people i know and i love that idea - sending a payment in a card!!! i do that with our snow removal service!

cute card. don't cha just love those spicas? i've only got 3 but am hoping to get a set this year! would be nice. after all, i'm glitterbabe!!! haaahhaahhhaaa

a truly blessed and joyous new year to you and yours. and know i am truly blessed to be a part of your wonderful SF family!

hugs,

Kristie said...

Yay for no work! I'm sitting here all alone lol

I'll have to go check out the free digi when I get home. I was stumped on what to use for a guy's get well card!

Your card is adorable! Love that paper!

Cheryl said...

oh this is fab hun love it,hope you have a great 2010 love hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

Jeanette said...

Holly your coloring is seamless. I can't tell where the colored pencils left off and the copic markers began.
That is nice to know because I'm very limited on Copic colors right now.

Happy New Year
Jeanette

Patricia St Martin said...

as always really cute card. super coloring.

Kathy said...

Hi Holly,
Just popping to say hello and just finished.. Love your shading on the dog so beautiful and love the cut out heart! Happy New Year to You! Hugs,Kathy

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet. They will love it. This image is a really fun one.. Hope you have a terrific New Year.

Creative Moosette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Creative Moosette said...

I love wiener dogs- how totally cute!

Rachel said...

This is sooo cute Holly!Love that little dog.
hugs,
Rachel

Larissa said...

Gorgeous card with a really great image and that matching sentiment is so great!

Hugs,
Larissa

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

This is sweeter than sweet. That doggy is the best! and the sentiment. Heeheehee You're GOOD! LOve the tree paper in the background madly.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh my goodness!! Holly, I just ADORE this image!!!! You know that I do!! It's a MUST HAVE!! :) You've done a great job with the coloring hun!! HUGS

Debby said...

Adorable! The sentiment is perfect!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwww....this is adorable!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwww....this is adorable!