Sunday, December 6, 2009

My Day With Freida

I'm still waiting to hear from the winner of Wednesday's card, Cheryl aka momzilajn. Cheryl, please contact me at usyungs@gmail.com with your mailing address so I can send you this card. It sounded like it would be the perfect card for you to have!

If I don't hear from Cheryl by Wednesday, the 9th of December I'll do another draw. I only have the last two cards from my Stamp A Stack to share with you today. I probably won't have any time to create today since I'm playing catch up from being gone Friday night and yesterday. And yesterday! Let me tell you about how wonderful yesterday was!

Freida and I met at Archivers in Memphis around 11:15 yesterday. Freida is just gorgeous and lovable in life as she is on line. We had such a good time! We went right into Archivers and before we knew it, it was nearly 2:00!



We left Archivers and went to a local Scrapbooking store called Ecclectica. Ashley was with us a lot of the time (she was graciously our chauffeur) and she snapped the picture of us and of the cards I'm about to show you.

While we were browsing the aisles in Archivers we found a lot of cards that we liked and I figured since I have the pictures why don't I share them with you too? Click on them to see them bigger)




(this one says "I LIVE in my big girl panties!")







I have one more picture of my visit with Freida, but I'm going to save until I need to blackmail her for something! LOL!

Okay, here are the last two cards from the Stamp A STack. As usual, I saved my favorite two for last




This bottom one uses some flocked designer paper from Stampin Up and the ornament is a punch. Very easy and fast!

Did you get to see all the new releases at Squigglefly? I was in Memphis at the time and actually got to see how Ashley does it! They have a brand new artist Bonita Jones who has some cute little birds and a wonderfully different set called Celestial Baubles.
Robin Willis
has some adorable baby themed sentiments as well as an OVAL Weenie Dog and Birthday cake!
Cheryl Alger has a couple more of her absolutely adorable snowmen and Susan Spiller has some more fun Christmas images!

This is the first release since Squigglefly has decided to release their images weekly instead of monthly, so if you don't see images from your favorite artists, you may see them soon! Squigglefly just wanted to get the images that related to Christmas out before the season got away!

Well, that's it from me today. I have grocery list making and shopping to do, laundry, and I'd love to be able to make a card so I'll have something to show you tomorrow! Enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Shawna said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures, too! That snowflake card is just too beautiful!!! Well, actually I love them ALL!

Kristie said...

Glad to hear that you and Freida had a wonderful time!

Beautiful cards, looooove that snowflake one! Its so pretty and colorful.

Maria Matter said...

so glad you had a fun time with Freida and your daughter...thanks for taking pictures of the cards, great inspiration!

These last two cards from your stamp a stack are gorgeous! Never thought of doing snowflakes in pastel colors and that red flocked bauble, holey moley!!! I now want that SU! punch so I can CASE that card! lol Maybe I'll just wing it!
Happy you're back with us Holly!:)
blessings, Maria

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh you are right... freida DOES look like reba!!!!! and warm enough for no jacket????? wow!

the pictures are fun and i absolutely love the snowflake card you did. i am such a lover a pastels. hubby says because i'm "cold". ok, he's nuts. what can i say!

would love to have seen pictures of ashley too! but sooooooooo glad you had a blast.

hugs,

msfreida said...

Blackmail, huh! Well I'll be sure to stay on my toes! Teehee! Y'all, I cannot express my feelings when I was able to give Holly a big hug in real life! I know I have been peeping in on her blog every morning for about 2 yrs and to FINALLY get to meet her in person, was a dream come true! What a doll she is...inside and out!!! She was like a sister I hadn't seen in a very long time...with so much time to make up for! The only thing I regret is not having my 'Holly" notebook which has all her tips and ideas from day 1. Every time we'd go down a different aisle, she would get a new idea! I just don't understand why God gave ONE woman sooo much creativity, but spared some like me!!! And Ms Squigglefly Ashley...now SHE is AMAZING! SOOO GORGEOUS and with the patience of Job! Never in a million years would my daughter allow me and a friend to shop to our heart's content without saying a word! You are one special lady, Ash!

Ok...I know I've written a book here, so I will comment on your cards in another post! I just had to let you and the girls know what a FABULOUS time I had, and these memories will be in my heart for-ev-ah!

Hugs~

msfreida said...

Holly, BOTH of these are SOOO AWESOME! I never would have thought to do the snowflakes in pastels! This is GORGEOUS! I LOVE all the colors you used...so,so pretty!
Your ornament one makes me wish I had bought more of that flocked paper! This is AMAZING! Hmmm, may just have to go online!
Oh, BTW, now every time I look at your layers, I can understand how you got them so even! Your secret is OUT! HAHA

Hugs~

Patricia St Martin said...

Sounds like you ladies had a lot of fun... I love getting together with someone I meet on line. We have always had a wonderful time together. Great new images... Some many really nice one....

Dawn B. said...

OH how I wish we had an Archivers here.. I love that store.. I could spend hours in there.. It looks like you had a blast. I am so glad you got to meet a stamping friend too.. Great cards..They look like they are fun to make..TFS

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I agree with Dawn...wish I had an archivers too. It looks like you had so much fun with Freida. How fun to meet up with a blogging friend!! Love the cards too, especially the one with the snowflakes. The soft colors are so gorgeous.
hugs,
Chris

Vicki said...

Holly I am so glad you and Freida had a blast! What a wonderful thing!

Heather the Mooselover said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time- meeting Freida AND Archiver's- great combo! It is so fun to meet online friends in person.

I like your cards. You and I have similar taste because they are my favorites of the ones you have shown from Stamp a Stack. I love that ornament punch with that paper. Tres elegant.

Debby said...

I AM SO JEALOUS! TWO OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE GOT TO MEET WITHOUT ME. YES I AM SHOUTING. :-( :-(
I WISH I DIDN'T LIVE SO FAR AWAY!!!

looks and sounds like a fun time. yes. i'm a bit calmer now.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwww....how fun!! you both look great!!!