Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Party Thing!

Hi everyone! I have another birthday card today. I told you I needed to make a bunch! This one I just love because the image is such a fun one.


(click to enlarge)

This is one of the new Squigglefly images by Rich Davis. It's called The Party Thing. It would be great for any kind of celebration or party invitation. Rich Davis is one of the new artists to join Squigglefly. He's designed greeting cards, illustrated children's books, and just recently created a game called Pick and Draw that is a fun game to help children learn to draw.

I colored the image with copic markers and then added lots of stickles the party confetti and the candle glow. It's hard to see, but I used some silver smooch on the fork in her hand. I bought a bottle of the silver when I was at Archivers in Memphis a few weeks ago. It's the first time I've used it and right now I'm not sure that I'm a big fan of it.

Well, that's it from me this morning. I've got a busy day at work since this is a short week but that will just make the day go by faster! I hope you have a great day, and thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello Holly. Yes it is a great image, its very funky and would suit several occasions I think.
I love the card you have made, such lovely colours too.
Have a great Christmas Holly and lovely New Year.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Maria Matter said...

Oh, I love this! How fun and whimsical and you paired it up with such wonderful colors!!!

I'm going through withdrawal...all my craft stuff is put away to make room for the holiday! :(
As soon as everyone clears out I'll be tearing into my papers & markers like a hog in slop! lol

Have a glorious day Holly!
blessings, Maria

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

omgoodness! great minds think alike. i did the same image and ALMOST the exact same thing (corner punches) to my card too! wow! are we on the same wave-length or what??????

fabulous.

hugs,

jacque4u2c said...

I thought I was seeing double because Stef has this over on her blog today too! You all must of been thinking alike! you know what they say "great minds..."

Patricia St Martin said...

What a fun card. she's beyond cool.

MANDEE said...

This looks really close to Steph's... You guys rock! I hope you have a very Mery Christmas!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

Love this card. It just looks so festive and fun!

Elaine Allen

Debby said...

Wow what a great image! Love the colors. I'm off to shop!

Pam in Ar. said...

Love the card, reminds me of New Years!

Rachel said...

Holly this is such a sweet birthday card!!! you did a lovely job.
hugs,
Rachel

Kim said...

What a great card Holly. You did such a great job coloring. Love all the glitter!

Becky said...

This is a great image, and you did a wonderful job with it..

Karen said...

A fun and cheerful image, it makes a really super card. Great work!

Merry Christmas x

msfreida said...

HOW ADORABLE! I just adore her in her whimsical pose! This is such a fun design! Love the papers you used in your layers too!

Boy, I have missed some fabulous inspiration around here! All these new images are FANTASTIC! I had to take a minute to pop in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas before we head out of town again, but as Arnold says, "I will be back!" I can't wait to get back to my blogging routine so I can see what all you gals have been doing.

MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'all!
Big hugs~

LaVerne said...

What a fun card! I may have to add that to my collection.

Have a very merry Christmas.

Dawn B. said...

This is such a fun image. She looks great with the colors you picked.. I am loving Rich's new images.. Have a very Merry Christmas Holly. You are a daily inspiration for me..hugs.

Vicki said...

Oh wow, love this and Holly your coloring is always superb! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

HUGS,
Vicki

bumblebee creations said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Holly!!!! And may the New Year be filled with Health and Happiness! Love your card--Tfs!