Monday, December 14, 2009

Red and Green Christmas

Hi everyone! Well, I didn't get as much time in my craft room as I would have liked yesterday. Things kept interrupting me and I finally gave in and decided it just wasn't meant to be!

I do have a Saturday Spotlight challenge card started, but the Lord only knows when I'll get a chance to finish it! I also started a card for the sketch challenge on Papercraft Planet. I did manage to complete a card for the featured stamper challenge on Splitcaost stampers. The card I picked to CASE can be seen here


And here is my card


(click to enlarge)

This is a really quick card to make and was perfect for the last minute Christmas cards that seem to be plaguing me these days! I used a Martha Stewart snowflake punch and stuck a green gem in the center. My greeting is printed out on my computer and then oval nestablities were used to cut it out.

Riley played way too hard yesterday and was limping on her right front leg last night, so I've declared that she is having a forced day off from hunting anything other than her ball today! Now if only someone would insist I take the day off! LOL!

I hope you enjoy your day today, and of course I thank you so much for stopping by to see what I've done!

17 comments:

Dawn B. said...

You deserve a day off...This is beautiful Holly.. I wish I had kept my cards like this for Christmas..I think each card will cost more to mail than it did to make. Great CAS.

Kim said...

Great card Holly! Very simple and elegant!

msfreida said...

Oh, you're not alone in the behind department! There's just not enough time in the day, or energy left in me, to get everything done! I'm leaving for WV on Wednesday, and everything here is turned upside down! I have yet to finish my cards and get them in the mail...ECKKKK

This card is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the simplicity! What a great way to make your bow, and the snowflake is the perfect accent! GORGEOUS borders! :)

I will play catch-up on my blogging when I get back....just hang in there,luv! :)

Hugs~

Vicki said...

Really like this card Holly...love your bow and the snowflake! The border at the bottom is a cool idea too. I hope a day off helps Riley's leg! They are like kids...it is hard to hold them down! Yeah sweetie I am with you on someone insisting we take a day off! Have a good one kiddo.

HUGS,
Vicki

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i love this card! that ribbon is gor-ge-ous!!!!! i love ribbon. too bad i don't use it often enough. can you believe i have 2 drawers full of ribbons?????

and i INSIST you take a day off. heck, retire! take ALOT of days off. well, i can dream for you can't i????

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Holly, there is not one more deserving person than yourself to take a day girl!! :) Enjoy it!!

I adore your card, the ribbon with the snowflake is just beautiful!! Hope you enjoy yourself girl!! HUGS

Shawna said...

Love your card--- clean and simple. That scalloped bottom edge is just the right touch. Hang in there Hol, all the hustle and bustle will soon be memories and we can all get down to some serious papercraftin'! :-)

Tracey said...

Sometimes red and green is just the way to go on Christmas cards! I love this Holly!! xx

Elaine A said...

Holly -

What a lovely card! It is so festive. And I agree with you about Riley. If she does not rest it could get worse. Go take the day off and just lounge - be lazy, relax, read a book. We all need to unwind sometimes.

Elaine Allen

Becky said...

Quick but Pretty..

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous card. Your bg paper is so elegant. The whole card is so elegant.

Sheila Bennett said...

Very pretty card. Really like the wide satin ribbon on the striped paper.

Kristie said...

Very pretty card, like what you did with the ribbon!

MANDEE said...

Thank you sooo much for the wonderful Christmas card you sent!! We have all been battling the flu in my house and that REALLY made me smile, thanks!

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful with a touch of elegance!!
blessings, Maria

Heather the Mooselover said...

What an elegant card. I love the decorative edges and the background. Nice job!

Patricia St Martin said...

very elegant.