Saturday, December 26, 2009

Snowbody Else Like You

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas yesterday. We had a really nice time with the whole family together on Christmas Eve. The very last gift that was opened was an engagement ring for Chesney from her boyfriend Rob. It was a very sweet moment that I'm glad I was able to be a part of, and it looks like we have a wedding to look forward to!

There is a new release scheduled today at Squigglefly, but since Ashley is still away visiting her in laws for Christmas the release may not take place until later. I haven't been over there yet this morning to check!

You know snowmen don't have to be used for Christmas, they are great for any kind of cards in the winter time, and I thought this gift bearing snowman from Cheryl Alger would be perfect for someone having a birthday in January!


(click to enlarge)

I colored this with copic markers and printed the sentiment with my computer. I hand doodled around the flower brads.

I got some really fun craft stuff for Christmas! I got a whole set of copic spica markers, some refills for some copic colors, some of the new pastel copic markers, some quickie glue pens, lots of different embellishments, some ribbons, and some refills for my tape gun! I was also given a couple of gift certificates to Hobby Lobby, so I can look forward to fun shopping days! Today I hope to get the house back in order and spend some fun time playing with my new goodies!

I hope you have a wonderful day too, and thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello Holly. How exciting to have an engagement on christmas Day, beautiful and so romantic.
Your card is gorgeous, a real fun card.
Have fun playing with your new crafty goodies.
Take care.
Love Sandra xx

Dawn B. said...

Congratulations on the engagement.. She must have been so excited. It sounds like Santa was good to you.. This is one of my favorite images.. I still need to use mine. Great job Holly.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a great idea and a fun card. i love my spica pens tho' i've only got 3. sounds like you got a crafter's dream for xmas - wooo hooo. and what fabulous news of chesney. hugs & congrats to her!

hugs,

Becky said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas. Love this Santa, and awesome coloring.

Maria Matter said...

woohoo Chesney, how exciting!!! It's wonderful that the family was able to witness that special moment!

Your birthday snowman is adorable, love that idea and will probably use it now for the #2 son's b'day! lol
Thank you for the inspiration!!!

have fun playing with all your new 'stuff'!
Blessings, Maria

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

Glad you all had a lovely Holiday. What an adorable card, so cute. Please give Chesney my congratulations!!

Elaine Allen

Kristie said...

Very cute! I love your layout.

Congrats to Chesney!! How exciting!

Tracey said...

Congratulations to Chesney! How sweet!! Glad you had a good Christmas!!

Love your card! So cute! xx

Shawna said...

Engagement! A wedding to plan ---- what happiness! Congratulations!

Jeanette said...

What a wonderful Christmas celebration. Congrats to Chesney. And, wow, Santa was good to you in the crafting department.

Jeanette

Pam in Ar. said...

Hi Holly...sounds like you had a great Christmas! All of those goodies and an engagement ring to boot! How wonderful for you all :) Thanks so much for the B-day card, I love it!!

Cute snowman card...it sure is cold enough for a snowman...what about that Christmas snow?? Pretty cool huh!

Kim said...

Great card Holly! I agree.....snowmen work for anytrhing at this time of year!

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly you did a great job on that image. love your colors. It is a fun card.

Lynnor Goodwin said...

Love this fun snowman image and all the fun colors!!!

Sherry said...

What a lovely Christmas you and the family had! Congrats to Chesney and her Fiance'! .. and WOW did you get some wonderful presents!! I lovelovelove your snowman card.. what an adorable image and that sentiment is too cute! You did a FAB-ulous job coloring too!

msfreida said...

OH I think this snowman is PERFECT for a Jan b'day! All of Cheryl's snowmen have such personality...LOVE 'em! I love the colors you used and the embossed corners look AWESOME! This will definitely bring a smile to someone's face!

Hugs~

Becky said...

Such a cute card Holly!!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Pollycraft Monday Challenge :0)
Love Becky xx

Crafting Joanne said...

Wonderful card Holly, love all the bright colours.

Thanks for joining in with the Pollycraft challenge.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Emma said...

Hi Holly
Congrats to Chesney & Rob on their engagement...
Love your card, the image is fab and wonderful sentiment as always.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x