Saturday, December 19, 2009

Challenging birthday

Good morning everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend so far. I have a busy one with too much stuff to do, but it's mostly fun stuff.

Yesterday I had just enough crafting time in to make one card and I decided to play along with a couple of challenges while I was doing it. 365 cards had a color challenge yesterday to use light blue, dark blue, green, purple, and white, so I went with those colors. Then I found a sketch to follow at Friday Sketchers. This also would fall into the challenge they are having at Charisma Cards which is to make anything BUT a Christmas card!


The image I used is one that Robin Willis drew for Squigglefly called Season of Giving, but I cropped the words out and just used the image part so it could be a birthday card.




(click to enlarge)

I colored it with these copic markers




The Happy Birthday on the bottom is from a clear Stampendous set. I filled in the little circles with stickles. I punched the flower out, embossed it, and then sponged around the edges some before putting a big brad in the center.

I need to make so many more birthday cards. I am way behind on them and have none in my stash!

Today Squigglefly will be releasing some more new images! I'm very excited to see what they will have. I do know they have a couple of new artists; Rich and Angie Davis. They are a talented husband/wife team! Rich Davis has designed greeting cards, illustrated children's books, and just recently came out with a card game called Pick and Draw that's a fun game to help children learn to draw.

Well whatever your plans are today, I hope you have a great one. Thanks so much for stopping by!

18 comments:

Aud said...

Fabulous card! ♥ Lovely image, so cute and fun!

Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week!

Hugs,
Aud

Rose Petal said...

Hi Holly. Lovely cute card. Beautiful papers you have used and your image is beautifully coloured as always. Have a great day.
Love Sandra xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

how cool is this? i love it. i ALMOST picked that image yesterday but then decided on the baby ones. great minds...... but, of course!

hugs,

Steph said...

What a cute card! I love your colouring!

Becky said...

This is cute, love this image.

Allison said...

cute card
thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Biscuitlid said...

like it - spots and stripes always make me happy and this is a super cute card too

Victoria
x

Vicki said...

Holly love your card...you did a wonderful job on it...I have lots of bday cards to do too...one being very soon...my son's bday is Jan 2 but we are celebrating it xmas eve cause they are going on a week cruise right after xmas and won't be home for his bday!

HUGS,
Vicki

Shawna said...

Very cute card Holly! I never thought about the fact you can leave out a particular part of digital image. Hmmmmmmm. They truly are versatile, aren't they?

Sally said...

Lovely card and great papers. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Patricia St Martin said...

really cute card. love the colors.

Maria Matter said...

Wonderful card Holly, I really like this image and the colors you used! Beautifully done!
Blessings, maria

aardvarkpest said...

Cute Card. Love the image and colours.

Glenda

Heather the Mooselover said...

Awesome card! The image is perfect for a winter birthday- clever to crop out the words.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

So adorable Holly!! Love your colors on this!! Faby layout too!! ;)

Vee said...

Fabulous card and so well coloured and designed. Thanks for playing with Charisma. Have a lovely Christmas.
xx Vee

Debby said...

Fabulous birthday card. What a great image!

JanJay said...

This is a great card

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan x