Sunday, December 27, 2009

What's your New Year Resolution?

Hi everyone! Are you making any resolutions for the new year? I stopped making resolutions years ago. I was never very good at keeping them anyway, and making the resolution and then breaking it just served to make me feel bad about myself. So, I solved that by not making resolutions anymore!

If I were still making resolutions though, this is the kind I'd make



(click to enlarge)


I used an image from Squigglefly called The Wheels Are Turning that Chesney Young drew. I colored it with copic markers and chalked around her. I'm not real happy with my highlighting. that's something I need to practice more for sure! The corners are some dies that I cut out with the cuttlebug. I embossed the designer paper with a distressed stripes embossing folder that I got for Christmas. The words are printed out on my computer with a font called Bradly Hand. The wheels are definitely turning in this girl's head too! Here's the inside of the card



(click to enlarge)

Now, that kind of resolution would be a little easier to keep! LOL!

While I had New Year's on the brain, I made this card for the Papercraft Planet sketch challenge


(click to enlarge)

This uses the ever wonderful Estelle from Squigglefly. I colored her with copics and chalked around her. The words are computer generated in Book Antiqua font. Now, I'm sure you all want to know what the drink is, so the recipe is inside the card




Both of these cards qualify for the Corrosive Challenge this week too!

Did you see the new images at Squigglefly yesterday? Aren't they wonderful? There are so many I can't wait to make something with! Soon, we'll get to hear who is on the new design team, and I'm excited to see the challenges starting back too!

Yesterday we got the Christmas stuff put away and the house back in order. I sort of got my craft desk cleaned up and was able to spend a little bit of time playing. Today is grocery shopping day and getting ready to go back to the real world tomorrow. I hope you have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

25 comments:

Cheryl said...

these are great hun love the images and messages too,hope you had a great xmas and all the best for the new year hugs cheryl xx

Rose Petal said...

Hello Holly. Its so nice to get back to normal isnt it. Your cards are delightful, the images are fab and I love the corners, they do add a nice dimension to any card. Take care and enjoy.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

these are super and your humor is just wonderful. i love the drink - LOL.

have a fun day.

hugs,

Shawna said...

Phillips Screwdriver! LOL! CUTE cards!!!!

Linda L said...

I sure hope you take the laptop to another room. I would miss your post. Those are both funny cards.
Your Christmas is already put away? mum.. Maybe I should do that. I find all this Christmas stuff very stressful and depressing.

LaVerne said...

Oh, your cards have made me LOL this morning. I love them both! I am heading over to Squigglefly now to get a couple of the new images.

Pam in Ar. said...

HAHAHA..I need one of those Phillips Screwdrivers!! Love to see Chesney's drawings...any time of the year!!

I plan to stay glued to my computer this year..I've got to check out all of the great blogs out there don't I???

Becky said...

hahahah..These are cute. love the Phillips screwdriver.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Very cute! The first one looks very broody. But I love the little old lady and her Phillips Screwdriver.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

You are so funny! Cute cards!

Heather the Mooselover said...

Wow- you have an amazing gift with skin tones- so realistic and beautifully shaded.

I love the cards- and the sentiments are hilarious. LOL especially the sentiment in the laptop card- I wasn't expecting that at all!

joanne said...

Holly - have to tell you my New Years resolution would have to be the same. I'm in the living room with mine also, with my dog beside me on the couch. She gets on the couch as soon as she 'hears' me turn my laptop on!!
I love the vodka drink receipe for the older crowd! You come up with such great humour - is it natural. Are you 'funny' in person?
Wishing you a great new year.

Jane B. said...

I love the cards! Too CUTE! The sentiments are perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge this week!

Chris (catt871) said...

OMG Holly, both cards are FABULOUS!!!!! They are hilarious - love them both!!!!!

Kristen said...

Great cards! You have a funny sense of humor! I like the one about the laptop! I feel the same way! Have an AWESOME and BLESSED New Year!

bumblebee creations said...

both of your sentiments are just the absolute bomb!!! You are sooo witty--love the cards too!

Dawn B. said...

You just crack me up.. I really feel like a sense of humor gets you through anything.. I have a few resolutions.. Last years went well so this year I am going to try again.. Mine is to only buy one crafting goodie a month and no DP until I get some of my stash used up..

Jacki Randolph said...

Fabulous Cards! Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge.

Patricia St Martin said...

On your first card you did a beauitful job on her eyes. your coloring was very nice. I'm so glad things are slowing down. I need to stay off the computor more also but it is hard when there is so much to see.

Maria Matter said...

Oh, Holly, these are hilarious!!!

You do fun really well! lol

Your resolution girl is colored so beautifully, great job!!!

Blessings!

Nora said...

*ROFL* 'K! I LOVE Estelle AND the cocktail recipe. OMGosh, Woman, you're on a roll!

msfreida said...

Oh that Chesney is at it again...this looks FABULOUS! What a perfect sentiment, too! And oh your coloring...to die for! TOO CUTE! :)

Now Ms Estelle knows her stuff! This is priceless! Everything you do with her always makes me smile! What fun!

Hugs~

Debby said...

Well I think your coloring made her more beautiful.

Anita Hovey said...

Great cards...they made me laugh out loud so that my hubby asked me what I was doing :) That first one is sooooo me, too. Thanks for playing along at The Corrosive Challenge this week.

DonnaMundinger said...

Great cards. Made me LOL. Thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot. xxD