Friday, January 15, 2010

Baa Baa Black Sheep

Okay, maybe my sheep isn't black, but he is a little gray.


(click to enlarge)

I really love the way this card turned out. This is for the Digital Tuesday challenge which is Emboss It.

I used the cute little Sherman the sheep that Jane Beljo drew for Squigglefly and printed it out twice so I could cut the woolly parts out and emboss them with the swiss dots embossing folder. The edges were sponged with some ink. Then I popped up the woolly and the head for some dimension.

I used a Martha Stewart border punch for the lacy strip. I get very discouraged with some of the Martha Stewart punches because they are persnickety about going through card stock. I had to punch this one out of paper.

The "love ewe" sentiment is printed out on the computer. I added a little bow to the top and sponged turquoise around the edge. I finished off my embellishing with a clear bauble over the heart circle on the designer paper border! It's very simple, but I like it a lot.

The Squigglefly newsletter is out and I see they are giving a discount code on all purchases through the weekend. Just use the code "weekender" when you shop! Just in time for tomorrow's release of new images! Don't forget Digi Day's pajama party tomorrow evening at 7 pm central on Card Universe!

Have a fantastic day, and thanks for looking!

21 comments:

Jeanette said...

I love it a lot.

Rose Petal said...

Hello Holly. What a super cute card.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

This card is so adorable! I love the way you've colored him. What a sweet little face.

Elaine Allen

Kristie said...

How very cute!! Love that you embossed his 'wool'!

msfreida said...

AWE, how sweet! LOVE how the embossing looks on this precious image, and these colorful layers ROCK! I've been meaning to ask you...what kind of corner punch is this? I LOVE IT! :)

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Love your little sheep. Your work is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing it. Have to post anomyous as don't have a google acct. and don't need another account.
Edie

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

LOL!! This makes me smile!! I love that sheep and the fun texture you've added to him!! :) What a sweet layout and this would fit again for this week's Sat. Spot challenge hun!! LOL

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OK...so I see you have that ONE little heart on the top...but perhaps you could put a flower on it!? LOL

Shawna said...

Oh, Holly, this card is so cute! I love that little sheep and the Cuttlebug treatment you gave the wool. The lacy scalloped treatment is nice, too, although I know what you mean about the MS punches. Have a great day!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

EWE did a great job with your little sheep!

Patricia St Martin said...

really cute. nice how you did the
3D look for his head.

Jane said...

too CUTE! Love how you did Sherman's wool!

Lucy Abrams said...

What a great idea - the dotty fleece is brilliant. Such a cute card.

Dawn B. said...

Great embossing on your sweet image Holly. Your sky looks real. I am frustrated with MS punches too. They never seem to punch or they jam.. Great job on this card.

Sandy O said...

This is to cute! Very neat how you used the dots folder on the sheep.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i love it!

hugs :)

Vicki said...

Holly so cute! I love how you embossed the sheep! I know what you mean about the MS punches and agree with you...they are very persnickity sometimes!

HUGS!
Vicki

coldwaters2 said...

I love the way this turned out as well it has made me smile and your colours, design and embossing are lovely thank you for joining our challenge at Digital Tuesday

Hugs
Lorraine x

Heather the MooseLover said...

I love how you added texture to the sheep. Cute idea!

Nora said...

It's darling, Holly!
-hugs-

Debby said...

Clever on the sheep. Love it!