Monday, January 18, 2010

Beary Best Fishes

Good morning and happy Monday to you! I hope you had a really nice weekend. Mine was nice, but went by way too fast. Maybe you're one of the lucky ones who are off work today for Martin Luther King day and get to have your weekend extended!

I've had a few people ask me about the corner punch I used on this card. That is a corner punch from Marvy Uchida called Southwest Corner and you can purchase it at a number of places, but Frantic Stamper has them HERE (scroll pretty far down to the corner punches and it's on the far right, or just e mail Fran and tell her it's the Marvy Uchida Southwest corner punch and she'll know which one it is.

The card I made today is for three different challenges! The first challenge is Stamp Something's challenge to use blue and white.

The second challenge is where I got this wonderful sketch - Stampin' for the weekend, and the last challenge is for Paper Makeup which is to make a birthday card.




(click to enlarge)

I used the adorable little Goldfish Shybear from Squigglefly and colored with copic markers. Crystal effects was used on the fish bowl.



The words are computer generated. I enjoyed working on this card and the sketch was a fun one too. If you're up for a challenge, go check out the Squigglefly blog to see what Maria has challenged her group to do!

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

24 comments:

Rose Petal said...

How lovely Holly. Lovely cute image and I love all the delicate colours you have used.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Maria Matter said...

adorable Holly, love your shiny fishbowl!

way to go with the multi challenges!!
Blessings, Maria

Tina said...

Too stinkin cute! That image is so sweet.
Thanks for playing along with the Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge.

Shawna said...

AAWWW! How cute! Love the glassy look you gave the fish bowl. Shy bear is so sweet!

msfreida said...

What a CUTIE! Lynn did such an awesome job on this image...LOVE those lil fishes, and you really brought out the detail! Check out that fishbowl! Fabulous sketch too! :)

I have a lot of catching up to do this morning, but I hope you have a fabulous day! Oh...thanks for the info about the punch! Just another one I'll have to get! :)

Hugs~

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWW!!! I love this Holly!! WOW!! These shy bears get me every time! :) Love the crystal effects on the fish bowl!! Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something this week! HUGS

Heather the MooseLover said...

Very nice! I love the fishbowl especially. And your coloring always rocks! Great job combining the challenges.

Patricia St Martin said...

Your card turned out really nice. Question??? What did you use on the fish bowl? When I try and use the lacquer, glazes or accents they will bleed. Your images are printed out on your printer? How do get them to not bleed? your fish bowl looks wonderful.

Becky said...

I love this, this is just to cute. And the fish bowl looks like glass. Awesome job.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

fun, fun, fun! i hope he keeps his hands out of that fishbowl - LOL.

absolutely fabulous!

hugs :)

Pam in Ar. said...

Hannah & I enjoyed looking at your card today:0.
She said she can't wait to stamp with Nana...she loved the fishies...

Dawn Edwards said...

I just love your Card! Cute sentiment. Thanks for the inspiration.

Joan said...

Wonderful glistening fish bowl!!!!

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

This screams cute! I love the fish bowl and that bear is just adorable! I love this card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

Vicki said...

Wow Holly this card is gorgeous! I love the crystal effects on the fishbowl! You really really did a swell job on this card...all your cards are very nice!

HUGS!

Vicki

Nora said...

Hope you win your challenges!
-hugs-

radish33@mac.com said...

i was wondering if you had any problems using digi stamps and copic markers. Of course i would LOVE to use digi stamps and my copics but i have wondered about the smearing problems (like you would get not using the proper inkers...) Do you use a special printer ink?
thanks
aimee
aimeeradies33@hotmail.com

Gunn (Merete) said...

OMG, this is so cute. I love what you have done with the image and the image is so adorable.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW and good luck.
Gunn :-D

Kate's Makes said...

This is so sweet! The effect you have got with the glass bowl is brilliant too! Thanks for joining us at SFTW :o) Kate

Mummylade said...

Love what you did with the bowl. So glad you joined the SFTW challenge, good luck.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Fantastic card! Love the details on that goldfish bowl too! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps Something this week. :)

Nancy said...

This is so cute:O) Love the adorable image, and that fishbowl looks fabulous!!! Great take on Fiona's sketch.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Debby said...

Cute cute cute! I love the shy bears, they are so easy to color for me.

crafty amy said...

This is so cute I love the colour combo and the crystal effects on the fish bowl are brilliant :D
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X