Sunday, January 24, 2010

Blue Bug

Hi everyone! Did your weekend go by as fast as mine? We had a great weekend! Riley got plenty of her outdoor time, I got plenty of craft room time, Brock got plenty of football time, and we got lots of "have to" things accomplished!

Not something I had to do, but something I love doing is the featured stamper challenge on splitcoast stampers. I found some great cards CASE and actually made two, but I'm only showing you one today.

If you'd like to see the card I am CASING, you can go see Karen's gallery HERE



(click to enlarge)

I had such fun making this! I used the cute little Love Bug image from Squigglefly, and the flowers and swirls are from Stampin Up's In Full Bloom and Sweet Hello sets. I colored with copic markers and chalked the background. I used some copic spicas on the hearts in his wings and antennas.

What a time I had making all of those white dots! I used white gesso; I'm kind of getting disgusted with my white gel pens blobbing up on me lately. I like the way the gesso makes the dots, but I was not crazy about the stitching.

The sentiment I made was a little too large for the front of my card so I put it on the inside



(click to enlarge)

I hope you have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

how super sweet--what a cutie bug that is!!!!

Becky said...

This is so cute.. I love this guy and how you colored this.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Love your bug!!!

Shawna said...

I love this cute little card Holly and especially how you made your own DP with stamps. Your coloring is awesome as always and that bug is too cute! I am going to have to check and see if you have a tutorial on chalking. Your backgrounds always rock! PS I will try to get a picture or two of Charlie, but he is a little shy right now.

Jeanette said...

This is one of the sweetest bugs I've seen.

msfreida said...

ADORABLE! This is such a precious image and I love how you made your own DP! Before I read your info, I thought to myself how I MUST have some of that paper! Well, DUH! Should have known! Teehee :)

Hugs~

Maria Matter said...

omgosh your bug card is gorgoeus!!!
love how you framed him/her with the pretty flowers! You so ROCK!!!!
Blessings, Maria

Kim said...

This turned out beautiful!!!! I feel the same way about my white gel pen!!!!! I think I need to go shopping again......I love that bug!!!!!

LORi said...

Hey Holly!!

What an adorable little cutie pie!!
Love it!!
hugs - LORi

Patricia St Martin said...

Adorable... How sweet is he. Colors are really nice.

Joan said...

Love the little butterfly and it's speckled body - too cute.

Kathy said...

Love the paper you created Holly and the bug is so adorable...just puts a smile on your face. Sounds like your family all got to do their favorite things! Love your card and colors too. Hugs,Kathy

Crissy Armstrong said...

Ooooh, this is so pretty and cute Holly! I love all the flowers around the cute love bug!

Chris (catt871) said...

This is SOOOOO cute!!!! I love those colours and that little dragonfly is ADORABLE!!!!!