Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bugs Drive Bugs?

Hi everyone! I just love the card I'm showing you today. I had so much fun with it, plus I just think it's a fun image! This is Little Hi; an image drawn by Rich Davis and it's available at Squigglefly. I love that the little bug has a little car he drives parked on a leaf below! LOL!



(click to enlarge)

I colored this with copic markers and chalked the sky background. I have made this card for a few challenges. The first challenge is the squigglefly color challenge at card universe. I may have taken liberties with this challenge because I don't have very of the green in there at all, and my eggplant color is questionable, but there it is anyway.
The second challenge is the No Time to Stamp challenge, which is a spring/floral theme.the next challenge is Dare U 2 Digi Stamp challenge to use buttons.

The next challenge - Yes, can you believe that I have another challenge?! The next challenge is 365 cards challenge to stitch on your card to add texture to an image. Here's a close up of my stitching



(click to enlarge)

I made little french knots in the flower and then stitched lines in the bud of the flower. It was a lot of fun to make. I hope you take a look at the new images that Squigglefly released this weekend. They are welcoming a new artist to the fold today - Angela Donato! She has drawn some precious images for her debut! Remember to put in your discount code "weekender" when you shop at Squigglefly this weekend!

Don't forget the pajama party tonight at 7pm central time! The fun happens in the Squigglefly group at Card Universe and I really hope you'll come by for a bit and have some fun with us.

The weather here is almost spring like and it just pulls me outdoors! I hope you are able to get out and enjoy your weekend too! Thanks for looking!

22 comments:

Rose Petal said...

That is super cute Holly, what a lovely little character.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Lynnor Goodwin said...

So cute!! Adorable image and I love your sweet, stitched details!!

Catherine said...

Oh I love your card Holly ! It's so so sweet ! The stitching is such a brilliant idea ! And I do love the little cheeks of the bee ! Love it ! Smile from Catherine

Dawn B. said...

Oh my gosh how cute is this.. I love that image. So much detail that makes me smile.. Great job Holly. Love the chalked sky too. It looks real..

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

it's fabulous! tho' you're pushing that color challenge a bit - lol.

and the stitching is wonderful! i'm impressed! heck, nothing you do surprises me!

see ya tonite.

hugs :)

msfreida said...

Oh this card has so much personality! What an ADORABLE image and your stitching, especially the French knots, really empress me! FABULOUS sky background, love the colors you used in your layers, and the punched flower/leaves, with the button, is PERFECT! FANTASTIC job for these challenges! :)

I know everyone will have a blast tonight...so sorry I'm missing it! Just save me a piece of cake! :) Off to see the new images...

Hugs~

Becky said...

I just love this image, it is adorable.

Karen Lee said...

OMgosh this is one adorable card!! I love it!

xoxo Karen Lee

Shawna said...

Very cute Holly! The stitching really adds a nice touch. Thanks for another inspiring card.

Vicki said...

Holly what a cute cute image and cute card! Love your stitching on the card too...how awesome is that!

HUGS!

Vicki

Patricia St Martin said...

WOW Holly all that stiching, wonderful job sure makes you card. Love the effect. As always you colors are wonderful.

~amy~ said...

Wow!!! So adorable!!!!! I live the stitching!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Holly!! I love the colors, the image and the fantastic stitching. The French knots are so creative. Love it!
hugs,
Chris

Pam in Ar. said...

I love the way you stitched on the card...the card kind of puts me in mind of the Jetsons...do you remember that cartoon?

I saw a Robin in my front yard this morning, hopefully Spring is just around the corner!

Maria Matter said...

There you go again, being all creative! love your added stitching!
A totally adorable card Holly!!

Our weather was somewhat like spring today too!
Blessings, Maria

southernscraps said...

Cute. Creative stitching!

Chris said...

A great card and a very sweet image. Love your colouring and layout too. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Now you're sewing?!! Sheesh girl!! This is really fabulous!! I love the pretty bright colors and sweet image!! HUGS

MANDEE said...

Super sweet card Holly@

Nora said...

What a fun image! Love your stitching. I'm doing some of that too, but on fabric. *LOL*
-hugs-

Larissa said...

Gorgeous card Holly! That image is so adorable! Thanks for joining us at DU2DS.

Hugs,
Larissa

Debby said...

This is a fun image. I have avoided it after my bookmark fiasco. I will have to revisit again. This is really cute.