Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Clean and Simple in Blue Times Two

Hi everyone! I went and had a look at the Squigglefly challenge yesterday and I was so blown away by the wonderful creations that the design team made. I was inspired to make my own clean and simple card using blue. I went with one of the new images that Nina Brackett drew called Bright Life. You get both the image and the sentiment together



(click to enlarge)

Talk about a quick card to do; this was super fast and easy! A little chalking under the lamp and embossing on the card is all it takes. I think this would be really pretty in red and black.

Then I had to take part in Vicki's Saturday Spotlight challenge because it had to do with one of my favorite things - snowflakes!



(click to enlarge)

Again, I went to one of Nina's images from her snowflake set. Nina's snowflake was printed several times and cut apart and stacked with pop dots for lots of dimension. I added lots of glitter, a couple of snowflake die cuts, and a computer generated sentiment. After I was finished with it, I realized that it also fits the Squigglefly challenge!

I hope you will take the time to play along in the challenge too. You could win one of the images drawn by Chesney Young just for playing along! Tomorrow is card give away day, so be sure to come back for that!

17 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello there Holly. How are you. Two great cards again, love the images. Just fabulous. Its so nice to have quick and easy cards at times.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Craftyanny said...

Two great cards Holly
Anne x

msfreida said...

Oh Holly...THESE ARE GORGEOUS! Both sets of images are SOOO AWESOME and the simplicity of your cards really enhances them! BEAUTIFUL layouts!

I have really fallen behind in these challenges, but I'm hoping to get time to change that! One of my BFF's father passed away and I have been trying to help her get things taken care of. I had hoped the new year would get off to a better start!

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

that lamp is definitely a SF fav of mine and both your cards are gorgeous! love thos snowflakes!

hugs :)

Vicki said...

Oh wow Holly both these cards are awesome...I truly love the first one! Clean and simple seems to be my style...I may have to enter the challenge!

HUGS!
Vicki

Nora said...

Blue is my favorite color & I really like both of these. Seriously, I keep scrolling between the two and I can't decide which one I like more...it's a TIE! *LOL*
-hugs-

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

I just LOVE both of these Holly!! That CAS blue idea is fantastic!! :) Your snowflakes are sooo gorgeous girl and I love how you've combined it with both challenges!! You are just plain GOOD girl!! ;) Thanks for joining us at Sat. Spot. this week!! We love seeing your creations!! HUGS

Heather said...

beautiful job..

bumblebee creations said...

I love them Holly! Wow-what a lot of cutting!! Love how real it looks (lamp light)!!!! I am gonna have to try to chalk more!

Jane said...

LOVE them both!! And I love how you made the fish bowl (I scrolled down and got some yummy eye candy....love all your cards)!

Linda L said...

These are wonderful! I am a big fan of Nina Brackett. I love her stamps. This one is great and your coloring and detail really looks great. What a nice card to cheer up a friend.

Heather the MooseLover said...

I like both cards. I almost bought the light up image in my shopping spree over the weekend. I love how you used it.

The snowflake card is awesome. The layering and glitz is well done. Dazzling ;)

Maria Matter said...

I love the simplicity of these cards Holly!!! Both are done so beautifully with your special "Holly" touches!!
Blessings, Maria

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are both such beautiful cards Holly. Love the colors and the glittery snowflakes on the second card is stunning.
hugs,
Chris

Kristie said...

Ooooh, they are both such pretty cards!! I love what you did with the lamp :)

Debby said...

I love love love your lamp. The light shining underneath is genius. I need to do more cas. I tend to overthink and therefore over do.

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous snowflakes really pop on the clean background! Thanks for playing in this week's Saturday Spotlight challenge!!