Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Color me Late

Well I rushed home from work to hurriedly finish the card I was making for Stef's color challenge this week. got it finished, snapped a picture, uploaded it, and I must have crossed paths with Stef just leaving from posting the new color challenge because there were the new colors for this week. Oh well, even though I was late for the challenge I had fun making the card.



(click to enlarge)


I have been wanting to CASE this card that Pat Smether's has in her gallery on Splitcoast Stampers for a while now, and I thought Mia would be perfect for it. So, I opened Mia and Bosko up in my photo editing program and cut Bosko out of the picture. Then I had to draw part of her right boot, so don't look too closely at that boot!

I colored everything with copic markers and stamped the leaves from a Stampin Up set called Best Blossoms on to the circle. Little turquoise prima flowers with pearl centers finished that part off. The designer paper is from Carolyn Gavin.

If you want to join in this week's color challenge just head over to Card Universe ! This week her colors are purple, bright yellow, and green.

Mark your calendars now for this Saturday's digi day! It starts at 7pm central time at the card universe HERE. We will be having a pajama party with fun games and lots of prizes! I really hope you'll come!

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by today!

20 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello Holly. Lovely cute image and fab colour combination.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

msfreida said...

Well I was late too...matter of fact, I didn't even make it! :( By the time I found the colors needed in my stash, I'd committed to watch the lil baby next door. I can never turn an opportunity like that down! So I'll just get it in gear for this next one!

I LOVE this card, Holly! You did an AWESOME job on Mia, and the leaves and flowers in the circle look FABULOUS! This is such a cool layout! It's amazing how the brown makes everything pop! FANTASTIC job! :)

Well it looks like I won't be able to make it to the Pajama party... Sara and I have had this weekend planned to go to Tunica to celebrate her 21st birthday since we didn't get to go back in Dec. But I know you'll all have a blast, especially with all the games and hilarious conversation! It's always a fun-filled night when SF throws a party! ;) I really hate to miss it!

Looks like we are gonna have a heat wave today...low 50s! Too bad Riley and Ms Molly can't get together for some fun and games!

Hugs~

Cheryl said...

oh she is so cute love her love cheryl xxxx

Vicki said...

Holly she is so cute...and so is your card! really like the color combo! Hope you are doing well!

HUGS!
Vicki

Elaine A said...

Holly -

I don't see a thing wrong with her boot or your card. I think this is just so darn sweet!

Elaine Allen

Maria Matter said...

Adorable Mia card Holly! I love polka dot ribbon, it's the perfect touch here!!

I recognized your leaves from Best Blossoms, it's a classic and I find myself using the leaf stamp the most! :)

Have a super day!
Blessings, Maria

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

very sweet image and a cute card.

Rachel said...

such a cute image and your card is sooo pretty! love the colors and papers.
hugs,
Rachel

Shawna said...

Cute card Holly ---- your coloring is always so pefect. Charlie says HI to Riley! :-)

Becky said...

This is so cute, love the layout, and loving that ribbon.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

its a beauty! sorry you were late - or was i too early?????

hugs :)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWWW!! This is such a darling image!! I love it!! The colors work fabulously with it too!! :)

I'm looking forward to that PJ party!! WOOT!! My son has a BB tournament that day...so I hope I'm home when it starts!! :) HUGS

Nora said...

Love the color combo & that pop of red. Cute image, too!
-hugs-

Pam in Ar. said...

I love the name Mia and she's so cute with her blonde hair and red boots!

Awesome card Holly, she looks like a Flower Child :)

Leanne said...

AWww this is so cute!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

bumblebee creations said...

what a cutie card! cant wait for more mia images!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How cute Holly!! Love your colors, design and papers!!! Mia is so beautifully colored!!

hugs,
Chris

Heather said...

Super cute. Even though you were late glad you still shared it!!

Heather the MooseLover said...

Fantastic Holly- especially the polka dot ribbon! Mia is a sweetie and I love how you colored her.

I just made it under the wire for last week's color challenge. Now I have to do the new one!

Melanie said...

how stinkin cute, great card