Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cupid Says Be Mine

Hi everyone! Well we didn't get the snow I wanted yesterday, but we did get some ice and it was enough to give me a day off work so I spent practically the whole day crafting and making cards!

If you haven't yet checked out the new images at Squigglefly, you should run over there an take a look because there are some great ones! The card I'm sharing with you today is one of the new ones called Cherub Heart. Chesney Young is the artist and I really like how you can put whatever your "heart" desires inside the heart.


(click to enlarge)

I added the "be mine" text to the inside of the heart before I printed it. I used copics to color and then cut around part of the heart before die cutting it with an oval nestabilities die. I added some stickles to the wings. It's a very simple card, but I like the way it turned out.

There are so many challenges out there right now for using hearts or a valentine theme that this card fits several. Here they are

Dare You To Digi Stamp = use hearts for a valentine
No Time To Stamp - use hearts and the color red
Little Red Wagon - use hearts
Fab 'n Funky challenge - use a digi
Spoonful of Sugar challenge - freestyle

I have more to share, but I'm spreading them out over the week. I hope you are enjoying your weekend; staying warm and getting plenty of crafting time in! Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is adorable Holly. What sweet Cherub image..The paper works well. I shopped a little over at Squigglefly..The new stuff is awesome as always. SO much variety and that is one of the things I really like..

WE got your snow. It started at 5 yesterday and it is still snowing. We are suppose to get 6-12 in. Cole was up early saying he is making his first NC snow angel..:)

Catherine said...

What a lovely card Holly ! The new digi stamps are fab, I haven't chosen mine yet, I am waiting till tomorrow as you said there will be more of them ! Smile from Catherine

Maria Matter said...

oh this is just darling! I like your design w/Cupid in the oval!

lovin' these new images...

have a super weekend!
blessings, maria

Heather the MooseLover said...

I love the new release. That cupid is great- I love to be able to customize the sentiment sometimes. BTW- that polka dot background is fab! I love polka dots!

msfreida said...

OH HOLLY...THIS IS SO STUNNING! What a FABULOUS job Chesney did with this cherub and your coloring and design really showcases it! The DP is PERFECT...WOW!

You are SOOO right about the new images! Those artists just continue to blow our minds! :) BTW, I was looking the other day for a certain image and couldn't believe how many pages of fabulous images SF has! It took me forever...but I enjoyed every minute! :) Yeah, I know they are organized by category on the sidebar, but I didn't want to miss a one! Teehee :)

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

gorgeous card. all that red! glad you had the day off yesterday and were nice & warm and safe.

hugs :)

Pam in Ar. said...

I cannot believe Valentine's Day is just around the corner! Perfect card for the occasion :)

BTW..we got your snow...4", Alicia, Jeremy and Hannah have been here since Thursday night. Their electricity goes out when the wind blows hard so they didn't want to be stuck up there with a baby in the cold.....It's been fun :) Stay warm!

Shawna said...

I love your card, too! Sorry you didn't get any snow.

LuLu said...

Your card is drop dead georgeous & very romantic. Many thanks for joining in with "Fab 'n' Funky" challenges this week and we look forward to seeing you again.

Lou
x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I just love black and red together. You did such an awesome job with it!! Love your image and the design!! Great job on all the challenges. Perfect valentine, Holly!
hugs,
Chris

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

How pretty! I just love valentine's and all the red. :)

Janine said...

Great card for Sharon's challenge...

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a lovely valentine! So pretty!!! Thanks much for playing the Stamp Simply Challenge this week!

Michelle said...

A wonderful heartilicious entry. Thanks for joining in this weeks DU2DS challenge
x Michelle

Avril Tanner said...

such a sweet card! Thanks for playing along with LRW!

Debby said...

Look at you with the challenges. kewlness. I can't keep em straight. need to focus on one at a time. I love this image I really need to go get it. Pretty card.

Chris said...

A very sweet card for Valentine's day. Glad you could join us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)