Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Featured Stamper Part Two

Happy hump day to you all! Today I thought I'd show you the 2nd card I made for the featured stamper challenge on splitcoast stampers. First, you should take a look at the card I chose to CASE, andyou can see that HERE.



(click to enlarge)

The image is one that Rich Davis drew for Squigglefly and it's called Heart Swash. I colored with copic markers, and it's hard to see in the photo but I did print this twice and cut the heart, leaves, and flower out so I could pop them up the way Karen did on her card.

My colors were chosen for the color challenge Stef has going on at the Squigglefly group on card universe. I wasn't sure about the yellow, but I like the way this has turned out!

Speaking of Rich Davis, I wanted to tell you all about a fun little game he's made called Pick and Draw. It's a wonderful tool to help children learn to draw, but more than that it's just plain fun! I think it would be a great game you could play with your kids or easy to put in your purse and carry with your to keep your child busy while you are doing something - plus they're gaining confidence in their abilities! Go check it out here and please spread the word about it to your friends.

I'd like to thank you for all the nice comments you made on my video yesterday. You all make me want to make more! I hope your day is a pleasant one, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

hugs :)

msfreida said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! This is such an elegant design...Rich really has a magical touch! Such talent! The DP you chose is the perfect choice...FABULOUS sketch...the loopy border goes so well with this image! This card is definitely one of my favorites! :)

Hugs~

Heather the MooseLover said...

I love it- that black border especially sets off the image. Well done, Holly!

Patricia St Martin said...

very pretty Holly. Love how you used Martha's punch

Jeanette said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love it.

Petra said...

Hello Holly,
Every day you suprise me with your creations, thank you! I really like the flower paper you're using today!
greetings, Petra (from the Netherlands)

Linda L said...

I love the design. It is pretty. The colors a fantastic.

Maria Matter said...

very pretty Holly! the loopy border really adds a nice touch!!
blessings, Maria

Rhonda said...

Hi Holly,
I am a member of Squigglefly Group..but very quiet..I have been watching your blog for over year..long before I had one. You are such an inspiration to me. Thank you so much. Please go to my blog, there is something for you there.

http://rhondagale.blogspot.com/2010/01/sweet-award.html

Rhonda W

Chris (catt871) said...

THIS is GORGEOUS!!!!! WOW!!!! I love the colours and that image is so fun!!!!!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

This is beautiful! and the perk up card is cute!