Sunday, January 3, 2010

Feed A Cold

Starve a fever, or is it the other way around? I never can remember, but it doesn't matter because starving myself just isn't going to happen! LOL! But it is cold season and Rich Davis drew an image for Squigglefly that is absolutely perfect for making a person feel better. This is the image that was offered as a freebie for a short time on card universe. He drew this after reading about my challenge to make Stef's husband Clyde a get well card. It's available for purchase now at Squigglefly and it's called Get Well Soup.



(click to enlarge)

Isn't this just a great get well image? I got my color inspiration from the pink designer paper, and here are the copic colors I used



I made mine a little more feminine, but I think the image would be a good one for a man too. Of course I wouldn't use ribbon, and I probably wouldn't have the pink designer paper either.

The challenge at Stamp Something this week is new somethings. I'm entering this card for the challenge because I've used a new image and new designer paper!

Have you been to Squigglefly and seen all of the new images? Aren't they wonderful? And what about that new design team? Are they rocking out some fantastic creations or what?! It's so inspiring!

If you'd like a little chuckle, you can view this short video I took yesterday of Riley



I hope you're enjoying your weekend, and I thank you for stopping by!

15 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello Holly. Great card and a fab design. I love it.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Maria Matter said...

perfect card for today! it's adorable and
a warm bowl of soup looks good on this freezing cold day!!!
brrr

blessings, Maria

Vicki said...

Holly, I love that image...so good for a get well card! And you are right it could be used for male or female depending on the colors....
OMG can Riley jump or what???!!! How quick they forget about the toys when the real thing comes along! It is -8 here this morning so some of the soup sounds good right now! Have a great day Holly!

HUGS,
Vicki

Kristie said...

Cute card! Love that dp!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

great card!

i cannot believe that my new computer will not let me view ANY videos. none, nada, zip! and i have windows media player on there! this just started acting up too - grrrrr. need to call my geek guy! more grrrrrr.

hugs,

msfreida said...

Oh Ms Riley is hysterical! What a love! How I wish we could bypass the chewing on shoes and furniture with Ms Molly!

Your card is FABULOUS! This image reminds me of spelling out words in my alphabet soup when I was a kid! LOVE the DPs you chose and this sketch will go in my favs!

Ok my knees are tired of this cold weather! OHHH do they ache! The birds at my feeders are so plumped, they look like they are about to explode! Poor darlings! I just say...bring on springtime! ;)

Hugs~

Shawna said...

Holly, I love your card, But Holly, I LOVE YOUR VIDEO OF RILEY!!! Thanks so much for sharing! She is just too cute and seeing her brings back such wonderful memories of my Sherman. He, too, loved squeeky toys (bears --- no matter what animal they were), but he would almost immediately begin tearing the poor things apart until they stoped sqeekin'. Happy day to you!

Patricia St Martin said...

Riley is the greatest. Animals are so much fun. Thanks for sharing that with us.
You did a nice job on your card. Wonderful coloring.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

HI Holly!! LOVE that image...so perfect for it's intension as well!! :) Your coloring is always awesome too!! BTW...received a GORGEOUS card in the mail yesterday!! Brilliantly colored and it's sitting right next to me by my computer!! :) I can totally relate to it...makes me chuckle!! You're a gem hun...thankyou!!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

Riley is just too adorable. Boy can she jump high! My guys don't even bother with the squirrels and deer anymore. They realize they can't get them on the other side of the fence - LOL! But some of the funniest things are watching them play hide-and-seek with the deer. Every once in a while, a young deer will decided to run around the perimeter of the chain link fence in the back and the boys will chase him around - then the deer will run into the shrubs in the woods and pop out on the opposite side of the fence - he waits until my boys get there and then he runs into the woods and pops out on the other side again. Sometimes they will do this for about 40 minutes! Funniest thing I've ever seen. I have a full german shepherd - Thor, and a 1/2 Husky, 1/2 shepherd - Jackson.
My guys are the same as Riley, they love their stuffed toys, but if something more interesting comes along, they drop it - LOL!

Elaine Allen

Becky said...

Rily is just to cute, thanks for sharing. And great card.

Heather the MooseLover said...

Great card. We must have been psychically linked because I used very similar colors when I used that image.

Anonymous said...

cool!!!..................................................

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Very cute! Love the fun papers and the sweet sentiment! Thanks for sharing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Great card! That is sure to cheer someone up nicely. Love the colors and that fun image.