Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy Surprises

Well the day has finally arrived - listen to me! For Pete's sake, the last new image release was just last week and here I am sounding like I've waited forever! LOL!
I guess I just can't wait for you to all see and begin to play with the wonderful images! There are some "must haves" this week too!


The card I have today uses a new one by Cheryl Alger called Sweet Melissa.



(click to enlarge)

Isn't this just a darling image? It was fun to color too. I used copic markers and a little spica copic on the flower in her hat and on the lady bug. I highlighted with gesso. The sky was chalked.

The ribbon is slipped through a slit I cut in the fold, and wraps around the card and then ties through a button on the front. When I printed the greeting out, I decided to put it inside and I dressed up the ribbon that shows inside with another little bow.



(click to enlarge)

I cut the sentiment out with nestabilites dies and then dotted white dots on the scallops. I do like the little bow on the ribbon too! You should take a look at the Squigglefly Design Team's pages and see what they've done with some of the new images!

Someone asked me yesterday why Squigglefly had so many people on their design team. The reason is because the Squigglefly blog has a challenge every week. The design team is divided into two groups, so that way no one is over whelmed with having to complete challenges every single week. Most people on design teams are on more than one, and I know that it takes a lot of work. Squigglefly wants to keep the fun in designing and not let it become a job. So, that's the reason!

I hope you have a fantastic day, and thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet.. I love the way you colored her with copics..The inside is just as nice as the outside.. I used my Catching Snow image today that I won from Squigglefly.. It is so cute..She has such super images..Have a great day...

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

This is great Holly. I don't think about the inside very much, maybe I should!

Rose Petal said...

Hello Holly. Lovely card and a fabulous cute image.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh this is darling! and i just love the inside. very clever... and creative.

hugs,

Vicki said...

Holly, really like what you did with your card! Very nice image as well...just love everything about it!

HUGS,
Vicki

Heather the MooseLover said...

Love it- the yellow is so bright and fun and I love what you did with the ribbon.

This release is fabulous. I want every image I have seen!

Shawna said...

Oh what a sweet image! Love the inside treatment of your card. Hugs to you and Riley.

Jennifer Scull said...

super cute! love that bow on the inside!!! and I am going to add that cute image to my shopping cart SOON! :) adorable!

Rachel said...

This image is sooo cute and your card is absolutely darling.
hugs,
Rachel

msfreida said...

Oh I love this! Such an adorable image....there's my hat!!!! :) The color combo you used is one of my favs! FABULOUS job on the coloring and the clouds, and I LOVE what you did with the ribbon! What a FANTASTIC card! Can't wait to see what the DT has done!



Hugs~

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! Holly, this is just precious hun!! I loves it!! That image is so sweet!!! I'm going to check out the new images as it seems like there might be some that are "must haves"!! :) You're so awesome lady!! Enjoy the weekend my friend!! HUGS

Maria Matter said...

lovely!
great coloring here and I think the inside is as pretty as the out!

Blessings, maria

Becky said...

This is a cute image, and great colors.

Jane said...

Adorable card! Love it!

Kathy said...

So beautiful Holly...love your coloring and the background is perfection! Super wonderful :)

Elaine A said...

Cute, cute, cute! So adorable Holly. I love your idea of running the ribbon through the slit in the card, thanks!

Elaine Allen

Patricia St Martin said...

What a lovely image. She is so precious. Love your coloring.