Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hearty Hello

Hi everyone. I hope you're all having a good week so far! Before I show you today's card I just have to tell you go by Judy's blog Crazy For Cards Spot and take a look at the marvelous little book of monthly resolutions she made using different shy bears! She made it for the Squigglefly challenge to make anything but a card, and it's nothing short of fabulous. Go buy and show her some love for her creativity!

Now for my card today I used little Mia again, but this time I've let Bosko stay in the picture! I drew in some little curly whiskers too.


(click to enlarge)

I did this card for the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. If you want to see the card I CASED you can see it HERE

I colored this with copic markers and the words are computer generated. Here are the colors I used




It's an easy sketch, but still makes a cute card even without a lot of layers and embellishments. I'm just not sure I like the way I dotted her top though. It looked better in my mind, ya know?

Enjoy your day and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello Holly. What a lovely bright card this is. Love the colours and that image is just so cute.
Have a lovely day.
Love Sandra xx

Michele Spera said...

Love your card:-) Really cute image and the shading is really nicely done, your dots look good on her shirt!
XMichele

Tracey said...

This is just adorable Holly! I love the polka dotted shirt! So cute! xx

msfreida said...

What a bright, cheerful card to wake us up with this morning! She looks ADORABLE! I LOVE the colors you used, as well as the dots on her top! ;) Perfect sentiment...LOVE those fonts!

Hope everyone has an AWESOME day!
Hugs~

Vicki said...

Holly I like what you did to her top! Looks very girlish! Such a sweet image and as always...I love your coloring!

Hugs,
Vicki

Maria Matter said...

I really like Mia & Bosko, I think I'm needing this image!!! lol

It's an adorable card Holly and I like her polka dot shirt! Love the simplicity of the overall design!!!!
Well done!

Blessings, Maria

Pam in Ar. said...

You're getting ready for Valentine's Day aren't you! Love the red!! Hair, heart and boots...she rocks!!

Dawn B. said...

Awwww she is so sweet. I love her shirt.. Great job Holly..

bumblebee creations said...

adorable! Love the colors you used on this one! and that sentiment is perfect!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWW!! I just adore this image hun!! She looks sooo very sweet and your coloring brings her to life!! :) And I saw Judy's calendar book...wow!! She owns MORE shy bears than I do!! How is that possible?!! LOL!!

Rachel said...

what a beautiful card Holly! those colors are fabulous!!! love how you used the same image two different ways.
hugs,
Rachel

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

gorgeous. love the squiggly whiskers too!

hugs :)

Jane said...

ADORABLE!! love it! The whiskers are too CUTE!!

Joan said...

Very cute image - for some reason that cat's nose makes me giggle.

JP Card Crazy said...

Holly this is just too cute!! Love your coloring!!!

Debby said...

Okay. Has it really been a week since I've been here? Where the hell does the time go? These little girls are darling. We need one looking all emo petting a dog.