Saturday, January 9, 2010

I'm back!

Okay, I am back just like I promised and I do hope you think the card is fabulous! I actually think it can't help but be fabulous because I used two of Squigglefly's newest releases and they are fabulous all on their own!


(click to enlarge)

Aw! Isn't this little valentine bear adorable? It's from Cheryl Alger and it's called Beary Valentine. I printed it on to watercolor paper and colored with copics, colored pencils, and chalked the background. See the pretty paper behind the image? That is a marvelous background image called Heart Swirls that Rich Davis drew! Both of these images are available now at Squigglefly along with a bunch of other fun images!

The heart swirl background is colored all with copic spicas for added glitz! Another thing that makes this card fabulous is that it qualifies for FOUR challenges!

365 cards challenge - to use braiding on your card. I braided some bright red embroidery floss and wrapped it around the bottom of the background layer.

Daring Cardmakers challenge - to use something for the January birthstone which is garnet. I colored the heart the bear is holding a deep, dark red which is the color of garnet.

No Time To Stamp challenge which is to make a valentine.

and the Paper Makeup challenge which is where I got the sketch.

Now I'm off to make some more cards! The new images and the cards I've seen the design team making have really got me itching to create! I hope you find time to play today too. Thanks for coming back to see me!

17 comments:

msfreida said...

Well when you said you'd be back, I should have known you'd come back full force! Teehee This is SOOO AWESOME! I just bought a boat-load of the new images and these are 2 of them! Great minds think alike! Now I have a great card to CASE! SOOO ADORABLE! :)

Hugs~

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWWW!!! Holly, this is just gorgeous!! LOVE that image and of course your coloring just rocks GF!! I am on my way right now to check out these images!!! YEAH!!!

Becky said...

This is just tooooo cute :). Love this bear, just fabulous.

Shawna said...

Too sweet! I love your card! The braided floss is a really nice touch that doesn't draw the eye away from the image like some of the big bows do. And as always ---- fabulous coloring!

Anna said...

Cute card-love the colors!

Rein said...

Wat a sweet valentine card!

Kristie said...

She is awesome! Great job with the coloring. The background is so cool!

Pam in Ar. said...

Love the braiding on the card...the background paper is just perfect with this....I can't believe Valentine's Day is just around the corner! Thanks for sharing :)

Linda L said...

Yes, you are right. This is fabulous! I love everything. I thought the background was DP. Perfect for Valentine's day.

Maria Matter said...

totally adorable!!!

love the fun legs on this one!
Blessings, maria

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i love it! love, love, love it! i just got me that floral background and i have visions of printing it out on pink paper!

but i just love your card!

hugs :)

Chris (catt871) said...

SUCH a cute cute card!!! That image is adorable!!!! Off I go shopping again!!! LOL That background is WICKED!!! LOVE it!!!!

Kathy said...

sooooo sweet!
Thanks for sharing with The Daring Cardmakers

Tina said...

So stinkin cute. Thanks for playing along with Makeup for the Weekend.

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debby said...

Look at you rockin the challenges! Way to go. I just cannot wrap my brain cells around so many challenges. Doesn't work well for me. I love this background that bear has got to be the sweetest image ever! Oh I just love this.

SueH said...

Fab card and a cute image Holly.

Thanks for joining us at the Daring Cardmakers this week.

Sue
x