Saturday, January 9, 2010

I'm late

It is late Friday night and I know that I am not going to have a card for you to see when you check my blog on Saturday morning. And I really wanted to have a card for you since today is a very important day - it's the new release of Squigglefly images! And there are a lot of really wonderful images being released today so I wanted to have a card - but I don't - yet

but I will later!

My excuse is that Ashley and her husband decided to go camping last night - yes camping when this area is having unprecedented low temperatures with wind chills below zero! I have spent the last two days trying to talk them out of it but they insisted they would be fine.
They aren't going to a campground - they are hiking out into the wilderness and pitching camp. So when I realized that I couldn't talk them out of it, I did what I knew I would do - I worried. I worried about hypothermia, frostbite, one of them slipping or worse, falling, I worried about every scenario there is.

then I told myself something that I already knew - that they are adults and make their own decisions and that I needed let them be in God's hands; they couldn't be in mine! Then I went to ask very special ladies at the card universe group to pray for them like I was praying for them and they made me laugh and forget about worrying.

Then we started planning the next Digi Day with fun games and prizes! Jennifer Scull and Maria Matter brainstormed with me and we have come up with some fun ideas for digi day which is only a week away! By the time I got out of the group and wrote down ideas, my crafting time was used up! No time to make a card!

So that's a good excuse isn't it? But do come back because i will have a card for you later and it will be FABULOUS! :)

10 comments:

Vicki said...

Holly good morning! I know how a mother worries...and you are right they are adults but that still doesn't take away the mother instinct. God will/does watch over them. :) Can't wait to see the new digis this week...have a good day hon and I will be back to visit you later!

HUGS!

Vicki

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i would have done the same thing - worried. and i'd still be worrying as you are too.

but it's nice to know you are loved and we are keeping them in our prayers.

now go create something!!! and make it funny!

hugs,

msfreida said...

Yeah, I'm with Stef...go find your humor this morning! Bless your heart! Although our kids are grown, they will never outgrow our hearts! I know God wrapped them in His warmth and took care of them. Until they are parents themselves, they will never understand our worry and concern. Today is another day so we have to dry our tears and move on. Just know you both are in my prayers and will be till she is safe at home.

BIG Hugs~

PBrown9624 said...

I don't think Moms evr stop worrying about their children no matter how old they are. My kids get mad at me when I worry but i tell them it's my job as a Mom...it comes with the territory. I'm sure God heard your prayers and they will return home safely. Take care and go relax & make some cards. You'll feel better! =)

Shawna said...

Couldn't we just strangle our adult children sometimes?? Moms never stop worrying about the "kids" -------just how we're made. Please keep us informed as to when they come dragging in!

I'm Crystal said...

I'm with you...I tell my adult children all the time that I don't see them as adults... I still see the sticky hands wanting to hold mine, the runny noses, the booboos, they will one day understand...

I know they will be just fine!!!!

Hugs!!!

Patricia St Martin said...

we will still stop by and say Hello, Holly.

Kristie said...

Sorry that you were worrying so much! I'm sure they will be just fine :)

Can't wait to see what you create!

Pam in Ar. said...

Prayer is the best thing for stupid people LOL...

Debby said...

You don't have to make excuses for anything. You and Yours come first. but you know that. Again, I'm glad everyone is home and safe. Can you tell I have been out of it. Didn't even know about this till today. I don't have any cards done. I have lots of excuses but never mind. Everything will get done when it can get done. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah......