Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Journal for Squigglefly Challenge

Hi everyone! Wow after the deep freeze we had over the weekend today it seemed like spring! the sun was out and we got up in the low to mid fifties! We took Riley out to the park after I got home from work and we could see color coming back into the trees and even the tops of jonquils poking through the ground! I think winter is leaving us and bringing an early spring. I'm not ready for it to be over! It was too fleeting!

Yesterday I got the sweetest picture from Stef of Jade playing with the magnetic paper doll set I made her using the Darla Dolly image.


(click to enlarge)

Isn't that just the sweetest little smile? Seeing that just made my day! I'm glad she liked it, and getting the picture was the next best thing to being there to see her enjoyment. Thanks for taking the time to take pictures and send them to me Stef!

Oh, didn't Squigglefly's new design team come out with a bang?! I thought the projects they made for the challenge were so amazing. I did play along because I got so much inspiration from seeing what they did. I really liked the notebooks so I dug through my drawer of alterable items and altered a notebook


(click to enlarge)

I made this notebook for a friend who made a new year resolution to lose weight. I thought the Weighty Matters Shy Bear that Lynne Stansbery drew for Squigglefly was a cute one to use. I was tempted to go with the funny Up A Few Pounds lady, but cuteness won out over funny.

The cupcake paper I covered the notebook with is some free digital paper I got at Funky Fairys Papercrafts. If I had more time I would have loved to cover it with different candy bar wrappers! Wouldn't that be cute?

That's it from me today! I hope you have a fantastic day and thank you so much for coming by to see me!

17 comments:

Dawn B. said...

oh my goodness..she's adorable..so sweet..Love the journal you created Holly..What a cute bear..perfect for a New Year goal.

msfreida said...

Look at that PRECIOUS doll! That Jade is something else! I bet she thought Christmas had come again! What a thoughtful thing to do, Holly!

Your journal ROCKS! What a clever idea! :) I LOVE how you colored "Weighty Matters", especially your blending and shadowing! And the digi paper is PERFECT...candy bar wrappers would have been awesome, but I'd have to eat all that candy and thus need a larger journal! Teehee! This will be so special to your friend. Holly, you are one thoughtful sweetheart!:)

Hugs~

Vicki said...

Holly that pic of Jade said it all...you made her day sweetie! Don't ya just love those dimples?

Love your journal too...what a good idea that was...and I am sure that the friend who receives it will be grateful to have a place to record her journey!

HUGS!

Vicki

Shawna said...

Thanks for sharing that adorable picture! What a cutie! And your card is a cutie, too!

Maria Matter said...

Isn't Jade the cutest little one with those dimples?!!

Adorable altered notebook! I'm sure your friend will appreciate it! This shybear is perfect for it too!
Have a beautiful day!!!
Blessings, Maria

Kim said...

Love your altered book Holly! I should make myself a book for keeping track.Just wish the pounds whould come off as easy as they come on!!!!!

Becky said...

I love this image, and what a great idea for a weight loss journal. I am sure she is going to love this.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

how could i not send you pictures????? she loved it and again i thank you so much!

fabulous card. i started weight watchers (online). so far so good - down 5 lbs and that's the 1st week. need to lose 45 more! your friend will love that book and it's a good thing you went for cute and NOT funny!

hugs :)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWW!!! Well how precious is that picture!! Steph did good didn't she?!! :) I love your Shy Bear on your card!! LOL!! Too funny!! The colors are just perfect and your colorING is always awesome girl!! HUGS

Banu said...

WOW, the journal has come out really neat.

I'm Crystal said...

Super cute image..... and what a special person to make that for Jade!!! i know she is just loving it!!!
hugs!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

GROAN...that's me on the scale LOL only I would be covering my whole face! Love the idea and the image is priceless!!

bumblebee creations said...

I love this image Holly! It helped me along the way-and is actually still on my fridge!!! Good luck to your friend and her journey of losing weight! What a super surprise for her you have created!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet image of Jade!! That sure felt good I am sure. You are the sweetest!!! That journal is gorgeous. Shame I would hide it right about now since I am not doing so well with that after all the goodies are still left from the holidays.

hugs,
Chris

Craftyanny said...

Isn't she just a real cutie pie:)
Thanks for joining us at Squigglefly
Anne x

Emma said...

Aw Jade is just gorgeous...so cute!!
I love your journal, love the image and paper.
Hugs Emma x

Kristie said...

This is so cute! Love that background paper!