Saturday, January 23, 2010

monster hugs

Hi everyone! Man, I've been working on a little project that I so wanted to have ready for you today, but I just ran out of time and hopefully will have it for you tomorrow. You'll like it though, I hope! :)

Have you been to Squigglefly and seen all the adorable images they just put up? There are so many that I just love and can't wait to color! If you haven't been you should run and check 'em out!

The card I made today uses one of Jane Beljo's huggable little monsters. This one is Smiley. The sentiment is of Nina Brackett's newest images and can be purchased here.




(click to enlarge)

I colored the littel guy with copic markers and then used the colorless blender to make dots all over him. You can't help but smile at him, can you? The designer paper was die cut and then I used a Basic Grey hand punch to make the triangle slits in the sides of the die cut to run the ribbon through.

It's a very simple, but still fun card don't ya think? Well, we have a rainy day here today and I am loving it! I'm ready to go get a fresh cup of coffee and settle into my craft room and finish up this one special project and then I'm going to see what challenges there are out there! I hope you have a fun day ahead of you as well, and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

I'm Crystal said...

Awwww...what a cutie he/she is!!! Love it!!!

msfreida said...

I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve! With all that creativity bouncing around in your head, there's no telling what it is!

This card is SOOO AWESOME, Holly! The colors are so bright and cheerful, and they really make this lil cutie pop! WOW...is Jane creative or what! I just LOVE him...and that sentiment is FABULOUS! You just had to show us a another new punch, didn't ya! Boy, is it not FANTASTIC! What a creative use of it! :) Such an AWESOME card!

The new images are unbelievable! These artists just blow my mind with their talent and creativity! It's a good thing the images don't take up storage space or I'd be in trouble! Just how many Shy Bears does one person need...ALL OF THEM! :) I just may need an intervention by the end of the year!

Hugs~

Dawn B. said...

Holly this is adorable..I just love his dotted tummy. What a great way to color him in..Can't wait to see your project..Have a great weekend.

Catherine said...

Hello Hooly ! Oh I do love your card ! First the colours are great, the image is really funny and I adore what you have done with the die cut, what a great idea ! Love it to bits ! Smile from Catherine

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this guy looks like me on my off mornings - lol! this is fabulous! i love that you used the blender pen for his spots. i thought it was paper piecing! wow! leave it to you.

love it!

hugs :)

Chesney said...

Given his cycloptic nature, "eye {heart} you" may have been more appropriate! :)

Pam in Ar. said...

Sorry...not really lovin' the monster..OK no boos and hisses, I hear you!!!! The coloring is fantastic and I love the DP..it's just something about the one eye.

Can't wait to see what you've been working on...have a great Saturday :)

Jeanette said...

Can you hear me laughing. This just tickles me.

Tracey said...

Awww, this is adorable Holly!! xx

Shawna said...

Fabulous way to make spots Holly! Oh, you are SO creative!! I won't mention what is happening here weather-wise...................

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWW!!! Now how stinkin' CUTE is that?!!! I just adore his little over-bite!! TEE!! The colors are fantastic too Holly!! Fabulous job as always girl!! Have a wonderful weekend!! HUGS

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

What a cute and fun card. Have a great wknd holly.

bumblebee creations said...

Holly- I though for sure you paper pieced that cutie!! what a great idea for making dot! You are always thinking !! Love your card!

Patricia St Martin said...

That is HYSTERICAL..... love you colors.

Emma said...

Fantastic card Holly, love the monster and the bright colours.
Hugs Emma x

Lisa Summerhays said...

Adorable card! Love that little guy!