Thursday, January 28, 2010

Perk Up, It Might Snow!

Good morning everyone. I'm kind of excited today because the weather people are saying that it's going to rain today, and the rain will turn to ice a little later this evening and then turn to SNOW! I am hoping the ice misses us, but SNOW would be so great!

The card I have to share with you today is one that I made last week for the sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. I used the Squigglefly image called The Morning Brew



(click to enlarge)

Chesney Young is the artist who drew this image. I think she could be a secretary ready for her boss with a pot of coffee, or an adoring wife sending her hubby off to his day at the office. There are so many possible ways to use this!

I colored it with copic markers and chalked around the background a little. The words were printed out on my computer but I can't remember the font - sorry!

Well, keep your fingers crossed I get some SNOW! I'll make ya another snow angel! Have a great day and thanks for lookin!

14 comments:

Linda L said...

I love your card. She is so cute and your daughters art work. That is so cool.
Oh Holly I wish you all the snow you want. I would love to send you all of what is still in my yard and piled at the end of the drive, but I am sorry to say you can't make angel in it. The temp is 11 with -15 wind chill. The snow is hard as rock. Can you tell that I am ready for winter to be over? I am looking forward to see what Mr. Groundhod has to say on Tuesday. Hee Hee

Catherine said...

What a lovely card Holly ! The image is really sweet, I love the backing paper and the chalking around the digi. Just great ! Smile from Catherine

Jeanette said...

This image is of me EVERY morning. I love the 'perky' papers and colors.

I hope you get the snow that you want.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

very sweet image. she's a darling girl. pretty card!

Patricia St Martin said...

nice image. Beautiful coloring. Perk up reminds me I have not had off yet. Have a nice day Holly.

Pam in Ar. said...

AWESOME!! I love coffee so this is perfect :) I am not ready for the ice...we're under a Winter Storm Warning....hope the ice misses us, I'll take the snow too :) Keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

Rachel said...

This is sooo cute Holly! I agree this image would be perfect for a boss or husband. Love those glittery polka dots on that paper. Have a great weekend.
hugs,
Rachel

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh definitely adoring wife. if a secretary did that her boss would expect it EVERY DAY and NOT pay her for it. he has enough "perks"!

super card.

hugs :)

Maria Matter said...

Adorable Holly!

hope you get some snow! We had some flurries but turned out to be nothing, I'm starting to wonder if we are going to ever get snow this winter! :(

blessings!

MANDEE said...

We are getting more snow here today, I am Wishing it all your way!!!!

Heather the MooseLover said...

Really cute- I love the colors. I'm more inclined to see her as a secretary rather than June Cleaver!

Michelle said...

Such a terrific card Holly. Isn't that the colors for this weeks SF color challenge

Shawna said...

Hi Holly! Our wet, heavy six inches of snow turned to ice. I am very tired of winter, but I sincerely hope that you get that snow storm that you are so looking forward to. I am sure Riley will love it, too!

msfreida said...

LOVE this one! The sentiment is sooo fitting! Ches did such an awesome job...FABULOUS design! Love your coloring and the DP!

Boy have I missed stopping by here the past couple of mornings! I had to go in and have some tests done...the only thing they found was a desperate need of motivation and inspiration! So here I am!!!!

Hugs~