Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Twist and Turn

Hi everyone! I was looking for some challenges to do over the weekend, and saw that Chris's challenge for the Corrosive Challenge is to make a card that has a fancy fold. I always love cards that open a little differently. This is a fold I learned a long time ago but I have no idea what it's called. I call it a twist turn card.




(click to enlarge)

I used the cupcake and birthday sentiment from Jane's Bakery Set at Squigglefly. I colored it with copic markers and used some crystal effects on the cherry. The cupcake holder is paper pieced.

These are pretty quick cards to make and are fun to open. While I was making this I thought some of you might want to know how to make one, so I made another one


(click to enlarge)

and I even made a video of it for ya! In the video it starts out with the cardstock already scored and the reason for that is because I was filming the video - got all the scores made and then the battery in my camera died! I had to charge the battery and start over, and I didn't want to use a new piece of cardstock!



If you can't see the video above just click HERE to see it on you tube. I hope you give one a try yourself!

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello Holly. Wow this is fabulous, you are so creative. Love the fold and design of your card. Lovely image and so beautifully co-ordinated with the papers.
Thank you for the video clip.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Michelle said...

Hi There Holly, Wow! I love this card you have done a fabulous job. I can't wait to give it a try. Thanks for the link.

msfreida said...

WHAT FUN! Thanks for the video...looks simple enough for even me! :) I will definitely give it a try! Your card looks FABULOUS! FANTASTIC image and I love your paper-piecing! The font used for the sentiment image is sooo pretty! Must get this set! ;)

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

you so totally rock! these are fantastic!

hugs :)

Maria Matter said...

ok Holly, you are quickly becoming my video goddess!!!

brilliant card!
blessings, Maria

Niki said...

Fun tutorial, I want to give it a try. You make it look easy!

Niki

Patricia St Martin said...

Emma and I watched you make your card and we enjoyed watching you. We liked your card very much. Emma loves cupcakes. Emma said those cupcake cards look good. So we will have to meke some.

Rachel said...

Oh wow!!! these are sooo neat i'm going to have to give one a try!!! thanks for the tutorial Holly. Those are some SWEET cards! (sorry had to say it).LoL
Hugs,
Rachel

Pam in Ar. said...

Thanks Holly..I will give this one a try :) You're awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Holly I love it. I tried one and they are pretty easy. Think I will use this for some Valentines.

Thanks again.
Sharon

Shawna said...

GREAT tutorial Holly! That is the perfect card for a grandson's birthday that is coming up.
Two things: Is there an update on Clyde? What and where on that big ol' tape gun I saw you use. Oh my!

Dawn B. said...

Holly you picked the perfect image for these cards. I love your tutorials and this one is awesome.. you are so good at that..Thanks for sharing.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet card!! Love that image, the fold and your colors!! I am going to have to try your tutorial. It looks like so much fun to make!
hugs,
Chris

Joan said...

Fantastic card - I love the plaid cupcake holder! Great tutorial too.

Heather the MooseLover said...

I love those cards! Especially how you used the DP for the cupcakes.

Chris (catt871) said...

This is WAYYYY tooooo cool!!! I can't wait to try one!!!!! Thanks for the tutorial...gonna go check it out!!!!! Thanks for the shout out!!! You're the BEST!!!!
HUGS!!!

Linda L said...

You are right this is super cool. I love it! Thanks for the tutorial. They are so helpful.

CraftCrave said...

Thank you! This blog post will be advertised on CraftCrave in the Tutorials category today (look for timestamp: [16 Feb 01:00pm GMT]).

Dawn B. said...

Back to comment on this tutorial.. I grabbed the link and posted it with my card.. THANK YOU.. you rock on the videos by the way..