Sunday, January 24, 2010

Up For A Game?

Good morning everyone! Well, I finished the card I was working on and I'm excited to show it to you not just because I really like it, but because it fit SIX challenges! Then Christy Dillman posted in the card universe group that she made a card fit TWENTY-THREE challenges! wow! I went and took a look at her challenges and some of the ones she found worked for my card too, so now it is for FIFTEEN challenges! Thanks Christy for the heads up on so many fun challenges! First I'll show you the card and tell you a bit about it and then I'll list the challenges.

I made a little valentine card, but I think this idea would be cute to just give as a little game and not necessarily as a card. Remember these kind of games where you tilt it to make the little bee bees roll into holes?


(click to enlarge)

I used the Owl Love image from Squigglefly and colored with copic markers. I glittered the heart with some ruby stone glitter. Then I punched his little eyes out! LOL! Don't worry I did it very gently!

I used one of the large square SHAKE ITs from Impression Obsession and raised it up a bit with foam so the little bee bees I added would be able to roll more freely.

The heart shaped button is one of a whole little bagful I bought from Jane Beljo. She makes some great buttons in all colors out of polymer clay. I tied a little bit of pink ribbon through it.

The words are computer generated, punched with a oval punch, and the edges are sponged. And just to show you that the game works and that I'm somewhat coordinated, here's a picture of it with his little "eyes" in place!



(click to enlarge)

Okay, here are the challenges this card fits

1. 365 cards - frayed ribbon
2. Dare U 2 Digi Stamp - use buttons
3. Crazy For Challenges - Pretty in pink!
4. Paper Cutz - farm animals - You know barns have owls!
5. Raise The Bar - use something you received as a gift. My boss gave me the bee bees!
6. Stamp Something - Something that makes you giggle. Well maybe the game will make a kid giggle - it only makes me smile. That's why I added the sentiment - the sentiment makes me giggle because he does only have eyes for you IF you can get the eyes in the holes!
7. Humble Pie challenge - to use red, pink, and white and use a heart.
8. Crafty Catz - Love and use a heart
9. Creative Belli - hearts
10. Incy Wincy - favortie coloring medium - duh! copics!
11. Inky Impressions - use pink and hearts
12. Little Paper Shop - buttons
13. Corrosive Challenge - use a digi
14. Your Next Stamp - use some sparkle. I've glittered the heart!
15. Papertake Weekly - pink


Well, I don't know exactly what's on my agenda today. I will probably do some cooking to save me some time in the kitchen this week. Hopefully I will get a chance to play in a few more challenges! I hope you're enjoying your day wherever you may be, and thank you for stopping by to see me!

38 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello Holly. This is adorable. Love the cute image and the pretty colours.
Well done on entering all those challenges.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

msfreida said...

YOU are just TOOO MUCH! This is SOOO ingenious... your mind is always spitting out the most AWESOME ideas! THIS IS SOOO COOL, Holly! And of course, you have THE perfect sentiment! And FIFTEEN CHALLENGES??? Whaaa hooo!!! YOU GO,GF! :)

Hugs~

Dawn B. said...

What a fantastic idea. I just love this. You never see these anymore. This is so fun Holly. Great list of challenges too.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Too much fun! Love it!!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Whoo Hoo ... I love these games! How ingenious of you to turn this card into a game! GREAT thinking! This is just adorable and I can't say enough about it so I'll just stop right here!!!
Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar. We hope you'll join in on the fun again next week!

Anita Hovey said...

Holly...what a fabulous card! Not only is it cute, it's such a cool idea! Yes, it would make me giggle too. Thank you so much for sharing this with the teams at both Raise the Bar and Corrosive Challenge. Hope to see you back at both next week.

Linda L said...

Oh My Goodness This is amazing! I love the little game thing. I would love to make them for my students. I don't know if they would appreciate all the work. I just might have to try one. Great job on all the challenges. This card is so much fun.

Pam in Ar. said...

GASP!!! You punched his eyes out!! LOL...now this card I love although I think I am tired just reading about the 15 CHALLENGES!!! Talk about am overachiever :)

You never cease to amaze me Holly...you hit this one out of the ballpark!

Shawna said...

Dynamite card Holly! I think I have said this before, but it bears repeating ----- you are So clever!!! I love this card!

Ann said...

So cute. Love that little owl! And his glittery heart is perfect. Thanks for playing at Humble Pie this week.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

your brain is always working. maybe you can send it out to find mine - lol!

this is totally awesome! i used to spend hours with those games. and 15 challenges! yikes! i'm lucky i can keep mine straight!! and we all know that's not happening lately is it - lol.

hugs :)

carol said...

Hello, your card is lovely and well done covering all those challenges, i must try and do more with mine..lol thanks for playing along with craftycatz, x carol

Kim said...

Gorgeous little card! Thanks for playing at Humble Pie!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER Girl!! Well I think it's just fabulous!! That owl is darn cute and I think that's impressive with how many challenges you've combined girl!! I don't think I could that high!! :) LOL!! Thanks for playing along at Stamp Something this week!! HUGS

Lisa said...

adorable, thanks for joining us at HP

Crystal said...

AWWWWW this is soooo super sweet!!!! What a cute cute card!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Impressions!

Rachel said...

AWESOME job on the 15 challenges Holly!! WOW!! This is soooo cute!! I NEVER would have thought of this idea!! you're soo creative girl!
Have a great day!!
hugs,
Rachel :0)

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

How fun is this?? I love the game idea and the sentiment is just adorable! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

iluvmybugs said...

Absolutely adorable card!!! Thanks for joining us at PCC this week!

Terry

Julia said...

Too Cute! I Love this!! What a fabulous idea. Thanks for joining the Little Paper Shop challenge!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Holly
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
Hugs Dianne xx

Allison said...

A lovely creation...pretty embellishments!

~*Joni said...

Adorable!! And 15 challenges - wonderfully done! {I just commented on one blog that had 41 challenges with one card - yowza!!}. Your owl is sooo sweet and wise, love that you made your own sentiment for him, it fits well around the focal point. Thank you for a cute card and a nice reminder of that fun game!! Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week. :D

Maria said...

Wow, what an adorable card! Thanks for joining us over at Humble Pie. Hugs, Maria

Maria Matter said...

see I told you, YOU ROCK!!! lol
this is incredible & brilliant!
love it!!!

and looky at your challenge list, you go girl!!! beware, it get addictive! lol

Hugs & blessings!

Maria Matter said...

oh, and thank you for playing along with us @ Belli!

Helen Dooley said...

Hey Holly- Cute card!! the image is cute. Thanks for playing on PCC.

Kim said...

wow Holly....love this card!!!!! Such a great idea!!!!!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Sweet card, cute image! Thanks for joining in at Stamp Something this week! :)

Leah the Orange said...

ha! Holly, what a CUTE idea for a card - i love it!

thanks so much for joining us in the Humble Pie kitchen!

Fern said...

This is sooo sweet! Love the little owl and I like that heart button!! Thanks for playing along with us in the Belli Challenge!! XX

Liz Williams said...

Holly, this is so cute and I love that heart-shaped button. Thanks for playing along in the Belli Challenge.

Karen said...

Adorable! Love the sparkly heart. Thanks for joining us at YNS.
Hugs
Karen

Debbie said...

This is TOO stinkin' cute. I love the shaker card! Never heard of the SHAKE IT but may need to order me some of these! Thanks for playing with us over at the belli challenge blog!

Chrissy D said...

ACK! This is BRILLIANT! Love the eye balls and the shake it!! Thanks so much for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

itsabrt said...

Your card is phenomenal and so very creative! Thanks for playing along at Paper Cutz and I hope you play again real soon! Beth

Kerri said...

What a great idea! Love your little owl game/card : ) The sparkly heart looks fabulous : ) Thank you so much for playing with the Your Next Stamp Challenge!

Jackie said...

This is totally adorable! I love this little owl! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Impressoions Challenge!