Saturday, February 6, 2010

BIG hugs and warm fuzzies

Good morning everyone! I hope you are having a great Saturday! Ttoday is release day at Squigglefly and if you've been there then you have seen how fabulous they are! The design team has been making some wonderful creations with these images too! And did you get by Mel's blog yesterday and see the delightful Bubbly Baby card she made?

Have you ever had an idea for a card and you can see it perfectly in your head, but when you sit down to actually make it, it ends up looking nothing like you pictured it? Well that's what happened to me with this card


(click to enlarge)

The image is from Squigglefly and is drawn by the very talented Angela Donato. It's called Hugs and when I saw the challenge at Saturday Spotlight was BIG, I immediately wanted to make this card for the challenge simply because Vicki always says "Big Hugs" in her comments. Well, using it for the challenge got scrapped because I couldn't think of anything big to add to the card.

I also had problems doing the out of the box technique in my oval, so that's why it's cut out at the top the way it is. I like the card, but it was way cuter in my head!
The colors I used are for Stef's color challenge on the card universe Squigglefly group and since the paper has little dots on it, I'm also entering it in the Cute Card Thursday challenge.

It's colored with copic markers and the words are computer generated. Now, don't you love that fuzzy font? It's called Fuzzed and I thought it was perfect for the sentiment. If you like it, you can get it free here.

I hope you enjoy your weekend, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Ahh Holly. Such a pretty, cutie image, how adorable. Love the papers and the colour combination Just beautiful.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

*Vicki* said...

AWW!! Holly, this is sooo precious girl!! I love that image and your coloring is awesome of course!! :) Have to check things out!! HUGS

msfreida said...

Your scenario happens to me all the time...only mine usually goes in the recycle bin! LOL If mine looked anything like this, I'd be thrilled! I LOVE all the layers behind this precious image...oh she's such a cutie...and your coloring, with your blending technique, really accentuates her fine details! This is THE PERFECT sentiment for her too...FABULOUS font...thanks for the link! :) This card is ADORABLE, Holly!

I just saw the new images and what a variety they are! They are all sooo precious! I just hope I can find some time to play today!

Hugs~

Tanya said...

Super cute Holly! That image is adorable.

Shawna said...

I think this is an adorable card Holly! Love all the layers and the coloring ---- which is superb, as always!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Awwww! Too cute!! I just love that image and the sentiment is perfect!! Gorgeous coloring and card!
hugs,
Chris

Biscuitlid said...

love the card and the sentiment, so cute
Hugs
Victoria
x

Heather said...

Oh!! This is super cute!! I'm adding that image to my want list..

Pam in Ar. said...

This card gave me a warm fuzzy feeling LOL..actually, the letters in black on the bottom of the card would have looked great in fun flock..kind of that fuzzy look :) You always do a great job Holly!! Thanks for sharing and stay warm Brrrrrrr

Linda L said...

So very, very cute. I love the way you cut her out at the top.

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly she is really cute. Gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling. the fun flock is perfect, your cards are always so much fun and enjoyable. tfs.

Kim said...

This is so sweet!!!!Makes you feel so warm and loved!!! Great card Holly!

Annie said...

what an adorable image you have used on this card. thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x

Debby said...

"Have you ever had an idea for a card and you can see it perfectly in your head, but when you sit down to actually make it, it ends up looking nothing like you pictured it?" YES!!! ALL THE TIME!!! I think she is darling. You did just fine by this little cutie.