Sunday, February 7, 2010

Birthday Flowers

Hi everyone. I hope you are having a nice weekend. I have been lazy this weekend and not done a lot of anything. Because of this I feel pressured and rushed to get some things done today.

I let the Saturday Spotlight challenge slip away from me last weekend, so this weekend I made sure to play along! Vicki has challenged everyone to make a card using something teeny tiny.



(click to enlarge)

This lovely image (available at Squigglefly) is one that Rich Davis has drawn and is called Flower Pot. I colored the image with copic markers and then I glued TEENY TINY gold seed beads where there were little dots.

The words were computer generated with the CK Becky font. The sketch is from this week's sketch challenge on Paper Craft Planet.

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday, and thanks as always for stopping by to see what I've been up to!

17 comments:

Petra said...

Hi,
I love the image and thank you for the link to the fonts of CK Becky. Ive immediatly downloaded them and I am sure that I will use them the minute I have got a new printer.
Petra

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow holly! this is beautiful. that border is just perfect for this image too. and i just love the seed beads!

hugs :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Wow! Holly, the little beads add just the right touch. coloring is perfect. love your border.

bumblebee creations said...

This is GORGEOUS Holly!!! I am loving that image - so delicate! Loving that punch you used too!!! Hope all is well with you- I haven't had much time for what I would like to get done either lately!

msfreida said...

OHHHH I LOVE these colors...they look so springy! :) This image is FABULOUS...sooo dainty, and what you did with it looks AWESOME! LOVE the beads! You couldn't have chosen a more perfect punch...looks like it was designed for this image! GORGEOUS card! :)

Enjoy your day!
Hugs~

Jeannie said...

Pure gorgeous-ness girl!
The seed beads are amazing!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Pam in Ar. said...

Anything with purple in it is OK in my book....Bee-utiful :)

Tracey said...

Such a pretty card Holly! xx

Biscuitlid said...

how fiddly were those beads to stick down lol?!

Gorgeous card
Hugs
Victoria
x

Linda L said...

Beautiful card! I love the very tiny beads. How did you get them to stick? I wish I could make something this pretty when I feel lazy.

Heather the MooseLover said...

Nice Holly- I love how you used the seed beads.

Joan said...

Oh this is wonderful. Those little seed beads add so much!!! Fantastic card.

Vicki said...

Holly, sweet layout! So pretty and I like what you did with the seed beads....I feel like my mojo went away for good! I have not done anything all weekend either...guess sometimes we need that break.

HUGS!
Vicki

Kim said...

This is so beautiful Holly! Love the spring colors!

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER girl!! You hit the nail on the head with this challenge!! :) I love those tiny beads for the flowers!! SOOO clever you are girl!! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us too!! We love having you along!! HUGS

Maria Matter said...

this is gorgeous Holly! love these colors! the seed beads were a great idea!!!
Thanks for joining in the Sat. Spotlight!!
Blessings, Maria

Debby said...

This is really lovely. I just love the bead accents.