Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bright Sketch

Hi all! I hope your week is going great. My husband has been sick with some kind of stomach virus that has lasted over a month now! He went back to the doctor yesterday and they have scheduled some tests and took blood. Hopefully they will figure out what this is and he can get some relief! On the bright side, I haven't had to do much cooking the past couple of weeks! Just kidding! I really do hope he gets better!

Okay, today's card was made for the sketch challenge on Paper Craft Planet




(click to enlarge)

I used Nina Brackett's Bright Life stamp set and then adorned the lamp shade and the corners with pearls. There's also a pearl on the pull chain. I colored the lamp shade with copics and then used the same colors to color the ribbon and the layer behind the sentiment.

I cut little pearls from a swirl pattern from KC & Company and then stuck them on. Some of the glue would sort of show and look shiny and I didn't like that. I tried using my heat gun on them to melt the glue some and then pushed them in with my fingers and that seemed to help the shininess. I thought maybe you are supposed to heat them and I've been doing it wrong all this time, but I didn't see that anywhere on the directions of the package. Anyway, I thought I'd pass that on to those of you who have experienced that same problem with the glue on those pearl strips.

This is a super fast card to make too, one stamp set you print and the sketch is really quick to put together!

Don't forget to enter the digi day challenge going on ALL WEEK at Squigglefly's group on card universe. The winner will be announced February 27th and you have until then to make your cards! There's a color challenge (pink, yellow, brown), and a sketch challenge AND you get entered to the prize drawing for each entry!
I'm going to take a picture of the prize and get it up soon to show you!

Have a great day ya'll, and thanks for looking!

17 comments:

treesawardincrafts said...

This is lovely, I love the sparklies round the edge of the lampshade. Very fiddly with little beads.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

super fabulous card.

hope hubby is ok. will keep him in my prayers. keep me posted.

hugs ♥

msfreida said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Brock! Please tell him we are sending him some get well wishes.

This card is sooo AWESOME! This is one of my most favorite images, and you really gave it the designer touch with those pearls! Thanks for the tip, BTW! The DP you chose is FABULOUS with these colors, as well as the sketch. BEAUTIFUL card! :)

Hugs~

Jeanette said...

Holly, This is just gorgeous.

Shawna said...

What a darling card Holly! I love how you have "light" spilling from under the lampshade and I love your pearl embellies!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Holly hope your hubs gets some good news from the tests and is feeling better soon. Love your card! That lamp stamp is so pretty and I love the little jewels you added to the shade! Oh and the Fleur De Lis fenial is pretty fab-o too!

watchlady said...

Beautiful card Holly! Hope hubby gets some answers & feels better soon!

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, It turned out very elegant looking. Very simple but really nice.

*Vicki* said...

Oh Holly!! I LOVE those little beads on the ends of the lamp!! So darling!! Love the sentiment too. I'm thinking of you and hubby! Take care my friend!! HUGS

Maria Matter said...

oh my, I hope your sweetheart feels better soon!!!! Sending prayers your way!!!

beautiful card, love the addition of the pearls...your so BRIGHT!!!
Blessings, Maria

Steph said...

What a fab card, I love that stamp!

Toucan Scraps said...

wow, that is a fabulous card.

Thank you for leaving your comment on my blog about teh tutorial.

what is freezer paper?

Joan said...

Fantastic card - I love the pearls on the shade; they're wonderful. I love that background paper too.

Linda L said...

Great card! I love the way you colored the light coming for the lamp.
I hope your hubby feels better soon.

Kim said...

Beautiful Holly! Love hpow you used the beads on the lamp shade!

Heather the MooseLover said...

I love this card. The pearls add a vintage touch.

I'm so sorry your husband still isn't feeling well.

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.