Monday, February 1, 2010

Bubble Your Troubles Away!

Good morning and Happy Monday to you all! I hope you all had a productive weekend and were able to squeeze in a little fun time too. I got a lot of crafting time in and feel so relaxed this morning! Guess I just needed that craft fix! This post is a long one today, but if you bear with me, there are TWO cards to share!

I think I've mentioned before that I like to get recipe ideas from Organizing Junkie. It's a wonderful site with not only menu planning ideas but all sorts of organizing ideas too. Anyway, I thought I'd join in and post my menu for this week

Monday - Vegetable Spaghetti with ground beef and sausage - side salad - garlic bread
Tuesday - Hubby's in the mood for pancakes so we're having breakfast for dinner! Eggs, Pancakes, Bacon and Biscuits
Wednesday - Chef's Salad with boiled eggs and diced ham
Thursday - Mexican Chicken and Spanish rice
Friday - leftovers
Saturday - Hubby's cooking Sirloin Steaks and wild rice
Sunday - Mushroom Bacon Chicken using rest of bacon from breakfast night

Of course this menu is totally flexible if Brock decides he wants to go out to eat I'm certainly not going to argue! LOL!





I received this sweet award from Rhonda at Rhonda's Creative Spirit

The rules of the award say that you have to
1) Copy and Paste the award on your blog.
2) List who gave you the award and link to her blog.
3) List 10 things that make you happy.
4) Pass the award onto other bloggers and visit their blog to let them know!

So, ten things that make me happy are

1. Having a surprise day off work because of snow!
2. Watching our dog hunt and play at the park.
3. Giving people cards that make them laugh.
4. Being able to spend time with my husband.
5. Having friends who "get" me.
6. Having dessert.
7. Knowing that I'm loved.
8. Having a bed to sleep in at night.
9. New art supplies.
10. Cloudy days.

I would pass this award on to individual people I know, but I've seen so many people already have this award or that award so I'm not going to pass it on to any particular blogs - I'm just passing it on to every person out there who gets joy in creating art of some kind! Thanks Rhonda for thinking of me for this sweet award!

Yesterday the ice was melting away and we got Riley out to the park. She had a blast and found a hole that must have really smelled good because she dug and dug. When we finally pulled her off she looked like this





Needless to say it was directly to the tub with her when we got home! She got all cleaned up and smelling nice again and ate a good dinner and curled up in a dryer warmed blanket. AH! See? She was named well 'cause she lives the life of Riley! LOL!


Finally - on with today's cards! Ironically, the first card deals with another animal in the tub! I had a lot of fun making this one. It's for the sketch challenge on Papercraft Planet, and the colors fit in perfectly with the Colour Create Challenge too!



(click to enlarge)

I used the just released Shy Bear Bubble Bath image and colored with copic markers. I really debated how I wanted to do the bubbles. I finally opted to color them in pale shades of pink, blue, and lavender. Then I stickled them. The puddle on the floor has crystal effects on it.

I used a border punch from Martha Stewart twice and filled in some of the circles with small white pearls. The sentiment is computer generated and popped up on pop dots. I think the font I used is called Juice.


Here's my second card


(click to enlarge)

This one was done for yesterday's featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. You can see the card I CASED here. I used one of Angie Davis's images from Squigglefly called Roses. It was colored with copic markers and the center of the flower is flocked with yellow. The words are computer generated.

Squigglefly is sponsoring the Pink Elephant challenge today and the challenge is to make a card using lots of pink, so this card also fits into their challenge! You should swing by there and take a look at the cards the design team made with images that Robin Willis drew. They are all fabulous!

Now I'm going to check out the new challenge on the Squigglefly blog and I hope you do too because now there is a prize every week! You know you want to play!

Have a great day ya'll, and thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Jeanette said...

Beautiful cards. I love how you did the rose card.

Riley is so cute. Did he enjoy his bath? I could see from your pictures he really enjoyed the park.

Biscuitlid said...

gorgeous cards, love the bear in the bath. Lovely to read your 10 things too, made me smile
Hugs
Victoria
x

msfreida said...

Man, when I die, I want to come back as your fur baby! Riley is the luckiest 4-legged honey around! Teehee What a love!

Your cards are SOOO AWESOME! I LOVE how you colored Shy Bear and his bubbles...GREAT color choices! (That Lynne just keeps my wallet thin!) The pearls add just the right touch! The spotlight technique looks FABULOUS on the "Roses" card! This image is so dainty, and your design is perfect for it! FABULOUS cards! :)

Now I want to give YOU my top 10 reasons I LOVE visiting your blog:
1. You always start my day with incredible inspiration and loving friendship!
2. There's always a new SF image showcased!
3. I get to study your examples of some mighty fine shadowing and highlighting with Copics!
4. There's always an awesome sketch for us to see!
5. You have magical punches!
6. Your papers are so well coordinated!
7. You are so quick to share your useful tips and techniques!
8. Your "how-to" videos ROCK!
9. You introduce me to the coolest fonts!
10. YOU and RILEY give me hope that Molly will one day give me the joy she has given you! :) (if I live long enough!)

Happy Monday, my friend!
Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

OH MY!!!! Where to start??
Riley, LOL I'll bet she had a blast :) those pictures are priceless.I can just see her digging like there's no tomorrow. Was she ready to stop when you pulled her off the hole to China?

That leads right into your first card, I couls just visualize Riley in the tub with the back rub scrubbing herself..bubbles flying...PERFECT card to follow her pics.

Second card is very elegant..I love the daintiness (not sure that's spelled right) of the flowers...great colors!

You've been a busy bee this weekend..congrats on your award, you deserved it :) Have a great Monday!

BTW..I'm coming to your house on Friday for dinner...I want it ALL!!!!!!!!!

Shawna said...

Love both of your cards Holly. I lvoe how you colored the bubbles! Best of all I love that picture of Riley. Brought back some recent memories!!! ;-)

LaVerne said...

I love that every day you make a card with a SF image. Bubble Bath bear was already on my wish list and now that great rose image is there as well.
Can I come eat dinner with you a couple of nights this week??

Joan said...

Oh that card with the bathtub is stinkin' cute!!!!!!!

Jane said...

LOVE your cards! just BEAUTIFUL!

Ann said...

oh aren't they just adorable great cards - thanks for joining us at TPE.
Ann xxx

Mina said...

beautiful card Holly, your menu sounds yummy can I come eat...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Heather the MooseLover said...

I love the cards- especially the bubbles in the tub. I always get such good ideas from you.

Riley is soooo cute. How can you begrudge a bath to such a cute dog?

Maria Matter said...

omgosh, Riley is too adorable...she was having a blast!!

You already know I think these cards are gorgeous!!!

enjoy your evening!
blessings, Maria

Jennifer Scull said...

both of your cards are just beautiful! you did so much better on the SF challenge than I did..... white just is a nemesis of mine...... heavy sigh......

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OK...you guys always do this to me...I see some Shy Bear shopping coming up!! LOL!! I just ADORE your card here Holly and your photos of your doggie are so sweet!! :) LOL!! Congrats on your award and I'm thrilled to be catching up with you!! HUGS

scrappyjan said...

Love your cards!!! And the photos' of your doggie is so CUTE!!!
Thank you for joining Colour Create this week.
hugs, Janiel

Debby said...

Your spotlight card is amazing. I love that technique. I love that image. Your bubble bath card is pretty dang cute. I love the borders and the embellies you put on it. Makes it just scream "Look at Me!" and Riley, cute. I relate. Excpept every night they get a tiny bit of gravy train and the two schnauzers have wet beards and I wipe them off like a little kid then go upstairs and rub their faces all over the carpet and it makes me nuts. But they're my babies. I know you can relate