Sunday, February 21, 2010

Digi Day Fun

Hi everyone! Happy Sunday to you! What a great time we had at digi day last night! Thank you to everyone who showed up! If you weren't there, please go by the Squigglefly Group on card universe and grab your freebie. And check out the challenges because you have a whole week to enter and there's some good prizes to be had!

The card I have to show you today is a card I made using the freebie Squigglefly gave us. It's called Cupcake Bunny and was drawn by Ashley Summers


(click to enlarge)

The card also follows the sketch and color challenges, I colored the image with copic markers and glued on little beads for cupcake sprinkles. My sentiment is computer generated.


See the pink strip across the card? I used the Martha Steward punch Arched Lattice Edge on both sides of a 1 1/8" wide strip to create that. Didn't it turn out cool?

Now take a look at the blue paper with the white swirls. That designer paper is part of a digital pack that will soon be offered at Squigglefly! Isn't that cool?! They will come in many colors and also as a black and white image so that you can print them out on your card stocks for perfect color matching to your projects. Or, if you like you can print it out on white and color it yourself! This digi paper is by Rich Davis, and he has really come up with some wonderful patterns. I can't wait for you all to see!

Well, I wish you a wonderful day and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Craftyanny said...

fantstic card Holly, the little bunny is so cute:)
Anne x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

it's just a gorgeous today as it was last night.

thank you for making digi day fun!

hugs ♥

Catherine said...

Hello Holly ! What a sweet card ! The soft colours are so pretty and the beads on the cupcake are such a great idea ! Smiles from Catherine

KmoRakefet said...

Thank you !!!

dmgifts said...

Awsome love the colors im doing mine today

Rachel said...

This is such a cute card Holly! very spring. Love that bunny image and that punch, hmmm may have to go look for that one. TFS!!
hugs,
Rachel :0)

Shawna said...

It was fun. And I learned a lot, too. Love that little cupcake and bunny image and your card turned out perfectly!!!

Heather the MooseLover said...

I love that card (as much as I did last night!) I love the beads on the cupcake as sprinkles. I need to "borrow" some of my daughter's beads and CASE you!

Heather said...

Awesome!! Love the border in the middle..

*Vicki* said...

Well isn't that just the cutest image ever!!! Love your fun coloring Holly!! I'm sorry I missed the fun event!! I had some computer issues to straighten out, but perhaps if I get some time I can stop by and see what's going on!! :) Thanks for the reminder and the adorable sample!! I've so much missed you!! HUGS

bumblebee creations said...

awesome time last night at digi night Holly! This little freebie is just so cute--can't wait to make a card with it! (for the challenge-hopefully)!

Corie said...

Oh my this is so adorable, love it

Kim said...

Great card Holly! Love the new image!

Lynnor Goodwin said...

Very cute image! I love the swirls in the papers to go with the cupcake icing!

Joan said...

Very cute card - love the little beads for the sprinkles.

msfreida said...

Oh how I hated to miss the party! We had guests from out of town that spent the weekend, so I didn't get to play at all! I know everyone had a blast!

WOW...this card is AWESOME! The precious image will really be a hit with Spring and Easter coming up! LOVE the "sprinkles"! You did an amazing job with Martha's punch! LOVE that look! What a fabulous idea Rich has with his own DPs...this looks awesome! Can't wait to see what all he has up his sleeve!

Hugs~