Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Featured Stamper Cards & the Squigglefly Challenge

Hi everyone! I hope you're doing well today. As you know I love the featured stamper challenge Splitcoast Stampers does every Sunday. This week the featured stamper is Laurie Hamilton and her gallery is amazing! I couldn't stop CASING her! I made three cards and have lots more tagged for later! Also, since all three of my cards have ribbon on them, I am entering them all on the challenge Pink Elephant has going on this week!

You can see the first card I chose in Laurie's gallery HERE

For my card I used one of the three trees in the Where The Love Grows set by Chesney Young.


(click to enlarge)

The trees have little hearts on them, but I didn't want hearts so I dotted them with glue and then sprinkled on ruby glitter. The "thank you" is from a Stampin Up set called Short and Sweet. The big scalloped border is a punch from EK success; if you look closely you will see that it also embosses a line on it. I'm not really thrilled with this card; it's okay, but not how I envisioned it.

The second card I chose can be seen here.

I like this one much better! It uses the adorable Herbie Crissy Armstrong drew, so I'm using it for the Squigglefly challenge which is to make something with an animal on it. You should enter too because there is a prize to win!


(click to enlarge)

I was really drawn to the way she used the labels on her card! I punched a little flower out of some designer paper and glued that to the side of the rabbit's head (can't really call him Herbie now can I?) A little half pearl is in the center of the flower. The words at the bottom are computer generated.

The last card I made didn't really qualify for the featured stamper challenge because the card I picked is one that Laurie did for a featured stamper challenge, but I liked it so much I had to copy it! You can see Laurie's card here

and here's the card I did


(click to enlarge)

I used one of the darling little dresses in Dress Pack by Sue Farias. I loved the dimension on her double scalloped circles so of course I had to copy that part! The "welcome baby" sentiment is from the same Stampin Up set Short and Sweet.

The border punch is from Martha Stewart, and the little pearls on the side are colored with copics as well as the image!

Whew! What a long post! Thanks for sticking with me through it all! I hope you have a wonderful day and that something makes you smile more than once today!

19 comments:

Catherine said...

Hello Holly ! Oh I do love your cards ! They are so elegant and beautiful ! Just fab ! Smiles from Catherine

msfreida said...

OHHH HOW ADORABLE! :) I don't know why you weren't satisfied with this first one, because I LOVE IT! The colors are so stunning together, and OHHH THAT TREE! When I first saw that set, I knew I had to get them! Such versatile images! I love how you added the glam to the branches and that border punch is FABULOUS! This is such an awesome sketch and your embossing really adds the perfect touch!
Herbie looks adorable too...love the flower! This is another fabulous sketch! LOVE the sentiment! ;)
And ohhh look at this precious baby card! Just another image I had to snag Saturday! After seeing what all you and the DT did with them, I couldn't resist! The double scallop really sets it off...along with your coloring! The border you added looks so dainty with the ribbon! This is SOOO SWEET!

Oh your mojo is in high gear, GF! These are all FABULOUS! :)

Hugs~

treesawardincrafts said...

I think all of these are really lovely, but I love the little dress the best, it is just so adorable and your embellishments are just perfect.

Nora said...

They're all so different...
The colors in the baby card with the image are so sweet. The bunny with all of the bright pinks - very cheery. And the tree - well, you may not be crazy about it, but I kinda like the bold, simple, contemporary look of it. (I'm not a bold, contemporary girl, so for me to say this...)
Great job & thanks for sharing!
♥hugs♥

Shawna said...

Your cards are making me smile! I love,love, love them. The little rabbit reminds me of a wire hair fox terrier (I know --- but it does!!), just too cute, and that baby girl card is to die for.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

holly, holly, holly! girl you are on a roll. these are all gorgeous! i love the tree in red & white; you rabbit card is absolutely stunning. i love how u used the top notz die (or labels) and your last one is perfect with that punch on that fabulous DP. all of them.... GOR-G-US!!!

hugs ♥

Maria Matter said...

good morning Holly, you've spoiled us today with all these fabulous cards!

the baby card is gorgeous!!!
your she-Herbie is just awesome with the half labels...never saw that done before! and that tree is wonderful...love the sparkles!

Great job on all!
Have a super duper day!
blessings, maria

Tanya said...

Beautiful card Holly!

Emma said...

Wow all gorgeous cards Holly, loving the images and such fab colour combo's.
Hugs Emma x

Jeanette said...

Holly, these are all fabulous but my favorite is the dress. So sweet.

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, all your cards are wonderful. Three cards WOW!!! that little dress cards is adorable.

bumblebee creations said...

WOWZERS HOLLY! I just love all three-but I really think the third one is my fav! I just have to go get that image now-so I can copy you! Heehee! Thanks for making me smile! Love all the new images by the way!

Pretty-In-Ink said...

These are all so pretty! That lil bunny is adorable!

Vicki said...

Oh wow Holly these are all adorable! Love the last one especially! So soft and feminine!

HUGS!
Vicki

Rachel said...

Holly, these are all soooo gorgeous!!
hugs,
Rachel

Craftyanny said...

You've been busy Holly, three fab cards, all so very pretty
Anne x

Dawn Edwards said...

Holly I love your Herbie card! I think I will scrap-lift the design of the card. I like the appeal of it all. Thanks for sharing.

LORi said...

Holly...they are all fabulous!!! i MUST MUST have that sweet lil' dress!!

Thanks for joining in the TPE Fun this week!!

HUGS - LORi

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Fabulous cards, Holly!! Thank you so much for sharing these with us at The Pink Elephant!!
Sheri-TPE DT